Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: VW / Weber Karma  (Read 4339 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: VW / Weber Karma
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 06:12:47 AM »
Grate post, and grate story CatskillSmoker! Looks like it's gonna clean up right nice!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
I'm a fan. My daughter has a 5 speed jetta and I acquired my sons once he wrecked it and I fixed it

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 01:23:13 AM »
I'm a fan. My daughter has a 5 speed jetta and I acquired my sons once he wrecked it and I fixed it

That looks amazing! Looks brand new now. Great job fixing it.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:43 AM »
Great story! I like Double D's as well, even Webers.  Fantastic job on the grill & the VW.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
VW / Weber Karma
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 11:00:39 AM »
I miss my beetle :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:02:17 AM by vwengguy »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
How could you even see out of that thing when you had the "trunk" partway bringing home a kettle find?
regards,
Hal

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »

There are more. Love the marathon wheels btw. That thing looks sweet. I changed my wheels from empis to OG. These are the actual date stamped wheels my bug left Wolfsburg with

Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
Roof rack and all.
That's sweeeeeet.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 01:46:02 AM »
It was a cool beetle and it was a true Marathon beetle from 1972. Those are the factory wheels that came with it :-)

Too bad some dumbass had to pass another car on a 2 lane road doing 50 mph and left me with the choice.. head on crash or hope for the best and take the guard rail.. guard rail won and I lost :-(

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »
So I met up with @603kettle today on his travels to NY.
The guy who picked up and dropped off the grill from NH forgot the charcoal baskets
and lower rack. @603kettle was generous to meet up with him and then we met on I90 at the
Mass/ NY border. He was in a rush to get home but we did get to chat for a bit.
@603kettle I thank you for getting these pieces to me.
Update on SSP is all frame pieces compounded and waxed.
Next the brackets that go into legs will be welded.
I have pretty much everything else to put her back together, just waiting in my friend to weld it up.Will post pics of putting it back together.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 07:23:17 PM »
Great story on the Performer and tie-in to another hobby!

For their "2nd car," my parents used to by the cheapest one they could find with A/C.

In 1973 that was a basic Gremlin. Levi's Jeans seats! That sucked! As did the rest of the car!

Prior to that it was '63 and then '67 Beetles. Yes, each had A/C. No one they found ever really could keep the Bugs running, however.

The '63 in particular was very much back in the day when Beetle owners would always wave to each other on the road, and most pump jockeys got confused on where the gas tank filler was. :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
VW / Weber Karma
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 07:31:24 PM »
Damn. Another jetta in the garage. This one is a mkv and it’s my daughters. Last one was my sons. I’m almost done with deconstruction. 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:33:40 PM by HoosierKettle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »

There are more. Love the marathon wheels btw. That thing looks sweet. I changed my wheels from empis to OG. These are the actual date stamped wheels my bug left Wolfsburg with

Those are both very cool [emoji106]

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 02:26:35 AM »
Man that looks great!! Very cool story.. glad you were able to work out getting it home with the buyer of your van parts.

You VW guys might like this.. about finding an old VW panelvan in the woods.. getting it running out there and driving it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_aoJDpkjmM

My 8th grade science teacher had a vw 'bus' for a long time. Another friend of mine is a huge VW fan and took my wife and I to a VW meet... saw a lot of beautifully restored camper vans. I could see myself getting into that..

Wow - The video is just wow!
Love it. Its sooo cool
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:22:08 AM by Jan M. »
Best regards,
Jan

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 07:42:16 PM »
Man I would love to have one of those. The VW that is. Congrat's on the SSP they are awesome as well.
May The Smoke Be With You!