Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Classic Weber Lantern Video  (Read 4047 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Classic Weber Lantern Video
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »

Watching my buddy @JEBIV searching and being so passionate about Weber Lanterns I didn't understand what the fuss was all about.  That was until he gifted me one in the very generous secret santa package that came yesterday.  Then when I opened it up I totally got it.  The units are built like little tanks.  He gave me the tip to go on eBay to check for more.  There was a pair of red ones listed for $59.99 plus $7.62 shipping.   Without even researching what they normally sold for I hit the buy it now button.  Not sure if that was a good deal or not, I just knew I had the perfect spot for them on my deck.  They very deck @JEBIV , his lovely wife Tamara had drinks on last summer and hope to again this coming summer.  Thanks Joe Joe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMc4-9qFZGY

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Classic Weber Lantern Video
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:53:46 AM »
They will be perfect on the deck and we will see them this summer @captjoe06

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »
I was wondering who got those!  Congrats on the score!  Did you get the yellow as well?  I love the lanterns! I’m also trying to complete my collection!  That infomercial was hysterical, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:39:22 PM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 12:37:45 AM »
I was wondering who got those!  Congrats on the score!  Did you get the yellow as well?  I love the lanterns! I’m also trying to complete my collection!  That infomercial was hysterical, thanks for sharing!

No, just the two Red.  They'll hang perfectly from the awning rail on my deck.  I still have no idea if I got a good deal or not but after handling the one Joe sent me I just hit the buy it now button.  They're really sturdy!  Do you think I just got lucky with the timing or is red not a sought after color or are people not into collecting these that much?  Was kinda shocked to see they pair just sitting there for the taking but maybe they come up all the time. 
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:18:07 AM »

No, just the two Red.  They'll hang perfectly from the awning rail on my deck.  I still have no idea if I got a good deal or not but after handling the one Joe sent me I just hit the buy it now button.  They're really sturdy!  Do you think I just got lucky with the timing or is red not a sought after color or are people not into collecting these that much?  Was kinda shocked to see they pair just sitting there for the taking but maybe they come up all the time.

While red is a little easier to find than some of the other colors like green or blue, I think you had good timing as well.  I haven’t seen any lanterns on ebay for quite some time, except for a pair of way over-priced black lanterns.  You want to talk about good timing?  I check ebay all the time, still don’t know how I missed the blue pair that Joe just scored.  He’s got the timing and definitely deserved the karma!

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:44:07 AM »
I had about 10 red nib that I sold on eBay.  They didn't get a lot of interest, but 1 guy finally bought all of them.  They are nice!

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 05:19:59 AM »
Congrats!!!

These lanterns are definitely cool.  Unfortunately, once you get one, you gotta get ‘em all.  Completed my collection some time ago, but checked multiple times a day to see if a blue popped up for Joe.  It’s such a habit now, that I can’t stop.  Btw, thanks for sharing that commercial.  Love the classic 80’s toupee gag at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 05:28:46 AM »
I had about 10 red nib that I sold on eBay.  They didn't get a lot of interest, but 1 guy finally bought all of them.  They are nice!

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I bet they'll be super collectible before long.  They're cool as hell. 

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »
Congrats on your new obsession Joe.  They are certainly cool pieces. They are definitely moving more quickly on eBay this year as compared to last.

I think that you're price including the extra candle set is fair. When I was putting my set together my target was always $25. Paid more for some and less for others...
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 08:26:11 AM »
You'd think it would be a no brainer for Weber to
put those back into production.  The little lamp oil
canisters would work sweet in these.

Gotta start looking for a couple.  We have some spots
where they would be perfect.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 09:08:06 AM »
I think that you're price including the extra candle set is fair. When I was putting my set together my target was always $25. Paid more for some and less for others...

That is my target price too.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »
DAMMIT! Now I'll have to buy some Weber lanterns.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »
DAMMIT! Now I'll have to buy some Weber lanterns.

You're gonna really like em  :)

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »
OK! So what's easy to get? And what's harder?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
OK! So what's easy to get? And what's harder?
Blue is hardest, than green, red may be the easiest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill