Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Classic Weber Lantern Video  (Read 4046 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Classic Weber Lantern Video
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
Congrats!!!  You will love the lanterns!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »
You know what's really fun?  After you light them the first time, you go to adjust the damper after it's been lit for 20 minutes and the skin on your thumb and index finger melts to the damper.  That was awesome.  Now I use tealite solar candles from Amazon.  They work great.
BTW
That's not a bad price for two reds and the video was very 80ish cool.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:30:59 PM by fedex »
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 12:56:48 AM »
You know what's really fun?  After you light them the first time, you go to adjust the damper after it's been lit for 20 minutes and the skin on your thumb and index finger melts to the damper.  That was awesome.  Now I use tealite solar candles from Amazon.  They work great.
BTW
That's not a bad price for two reds and the video was very 80ish cool.

Thanks, Just bought a set of six on Amazon

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 05:15:23 AM »
You know what's really fun?  After you light them the first time, you go to adjust the damper after it's been lit for 20 minutes and the skin on your thumb and index finger melts to the damper.  That was awesome. .

yikes.  should i not have laughed after reading that? 
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 05:25:05 AM »
I was fortunate to have been given a red and a white at the FL mini meetup by @chiku18 and @Plant_City_Mike (thanks again guys). At first I thought my wife may freak out seeing that I have another thing to collect. Boy was I wrong. She loves them and they are displayed on our dining room table with our Christmas centerpiece  8)  So now add me to the list of those looking for one of each.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 06:36:01 AM »
Maybe all of us lantern hunters can help each other out if we get extras!  I need black, blue, and white and would be willing to pay a fair price for one.  I also have an extra green that I am looking to trade for a blue.  I am holding out on selling or trading for the black or white because of the rarity of the blue and green lanterns.  There are two WAY over priced black lanterns on ebay right now ($90 after shipping and they don't have the hook or stake).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Hanging-Carriage-Lantern-Candle-Light-Holder-Vtg-steampunk-rusty-outdoor/272844483139?hash=item3f86cc6a43:g:C-wAAOSwtRBZt~xM
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
Sadly no extras but in the hunt for the pesky blue and green... thanks to @JEBIV for 3 of the 4. Shameless ig tag share included, free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »
Sadly no extras but in the hunt for the pesky blue and green... thanks to @JEBIV for 3 of the 4. Shameless ig tag share included, free of charge.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 09:18:59 AM »
I wonder how many different packages they used for the extra candles.  I picked u a red lantern in the past few months and it came with this package of candles that looks different than the others posted so far.

Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »
You know what's really fun?  After you light them the first time, you go to adjust the damper after it's been lit for 20 minutes and the skin on your thumb and index finger melts to the damper.  That was awesome. .

yikes.  should i not have laughed after reading that?
oh it's ok I laughed and I have the burnt fingers that say that is no lie!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »
OK! Good to hear about the red. It's my friends favourite colour. And his birthday is in February.  Hello Ebay!!!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Classic Weber Lantern Video
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
Just got these in the mail today from amazon.  It is a set of 10 colored LED tea lights.  You can choose the colors.  I think they look great (the picture doesn’t do them justice).

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:08:56 PM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
Here is a picture I took for the 2019 calendar contest...yes...I had a blast with the 2018 contest and have been taking pictures with the changing of the seasons for next year’s contest.

[attachment deleted by admin]

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2017, 01:40:20 AM »
Here is a picture I took for the 2019 calendar contest...yes...I had a blast with the 2018 contest and have been taking pictures with the changing of the seasons for next year’s contest.

Love it.  The package with the two reds I ordered impulsively off ebay last week came yesterday.  Got a bit of an eye roll from the Mrs  :D

"Ya they're gonna look great with the other 12 grills we have out there!"

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2017, 03:02:06 AM »

Love it.  The package with the two reds I ordered impulsively off ebay last week came yesterday.  Got a bit of an eye roll from the Mrs  :D

"Ya they're gonna look great with the other 12 grills we have out there!"
an eye roll is merely an acknowledgement of our Weber obsession and insanity, you are good. that is from experience !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill