Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop  (Read 24430 times)

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2017, 09:49:56 AM »
To be honest, this is the first time that I've been able to take advantage of a really good sale; what is considered proper etiquette in these situations? 

At what threshold is it ok to "sweep" the shelves, less than 5, 10, 20?  There were 18 on hand for my last trip and I bought 10, leaving 8.  I jokingly posted here that I was giving everyone two weeks before buying the rest, but aside from karma/paying it forward, would I have been wrong to buy all 18 that day?

I always try and leave 1 on any deals I score but the Weber Charcoal is pushing my karma commitment.  ;)

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »
I arrived at a Target that I've never been to before at 9 am today. I made a bee line to the farthest corner from the entrance, cuz that's always where the bbq and clearance stuff is.

Checked all the shelves and the only charcoal was K Blue. Wha??????!!!! Brickseek said there were 18 bags before I left the house. I flagged down a worker and he found it, all the way back down in the front. He saw the price and said Holy Shit that's a good price. I said how many bags should I leave you, lol?

I only bought 10, which makes 11 bags of this and around 500#s of fuel altogether.

I finally used the free sample last night. I did some thighs, sausage, baked beans, and then charred some peach halves for dessert. I'm so used to using lump that the smoke/stench at start up really turned me off, but it's pretty good stuff anyway. I'm doing a picnic w/ it now in the WSM.

It's hardwood, it's cheap, and it's Weber.  ;)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »
To be honest, this is the first time that I've been able to take advantage of a really good sale; what is considered proper etiquette in these situations? 

At what threshold is it ok to "sweep" the shelves, less than 5, 10, 20?  There were 18 on hand for my last trip and I bought 10, leaving 8.  I jokingly posted here that I was giving everyone two weeks before buying the rest, but aside from karma/paying it forward, would I have been wrong to buy all 18 that day?

Grab it all.   If later you find that someone else locally wanted some, then you can decide whether to sell them some of your's, but you wouldn't be under any obligation to do so.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
I was looking at my local farm and fleet for some killer hogs bbq rub. Just because it looks so damn good in all his videos . And they had Weber charcoal for 19.99🤢🤢🤢

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »
We're keeping our eyes peeled at a few locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
"You're hungry? I'll fire up the grills..."

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »
Starting to disappear in StL. Fenton Target sent their stock back... never clearanced it out, even though brickseek showed 30+ at $5.98. I just grabbed six bags at Chesterfield Target. None were on the floor... I had an employee grab them for me... all stock was in back, on a pallet to be returned. 

@nolch01

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:27:08 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2017, 05:28:30 PM »
[emoji106]🏻

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »
$6.50/bag here...I grabbed several over the weekend

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2017, 06:11:49 PM »
Are they on clearance because they're dropping the product from stock?  Are sales sluggish across the board? I really like the Weber Charcoal but the $20/bag price tag is a huge deterrent to buying it at retail price

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2017, 06:16:44 PM »
They're probably on clearance because Target is getting ready to put their fall/winter product on the shelf.

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2017, 06:23:04 PM »
Are they on clearance because they're dropping the product from stock?  Are sales sluggish across the board? I really like the Weber Charcoal but the $20/bag price tag is a huge deterrent to buying it at retail price

I think it would do well in the $12-$15 a bag range as $20 is hard to justify when Stubbs is just as good, just a smaller briq at almost half the price.  At $12-$15, it's still seen as a premium product, but not cost-prohibitive....

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2017, 07:00:10 PM »
So about a month ago I got all excited about $14.98 a bag and bought 5. Now a Target near me has a crapload for $5.98.

So I picked up 17 bags for a little under $110...

(Cars riding a little low [emoji19])

and headed right over to Home Depot with my email receipt from a month ago and returned 5 bags for $82.
Feeling pretty proud of myself. [emoji846]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:17:18 PM by mcgolden »

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »
Starting to disappear in StL. Fenton Target sent their stock bag... never clearanced it out, even though brickseek showed 30+ at $5.98. I just grabbed six bags at Chesterfield Target. None were on the floor... I had an employee grab them for me... all stock was in back, on a pallet to be returned. 

@nolch01

Did they say when they were to be returned?  Won't be back in town until Monday, probably can't get over until Tuesday.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:59:58 PM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

pistolgrippunk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2017, 07:39:19 PM »
thanks @Raindog, but why are you all up in my grill? 😊

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »

Did they say when they were to be returned?  Won't be back in town until Monday, probablt can't get over until Tuesday.

They did not say.

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"