Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop  (Read 24426 times)

MTW524

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2017, 04:27:25 AM »
So about a month ago I got all excited about $14.98 a bag and bought 5. Now a Target near me has a crapload for $5.98.

So I picked up 17 bags for a little under $110...

(Cars riding a little low [emoji19])

and headed right over to Home Depot with my email receipt from a month ago and returned 5 bags for $82.
Feeling pretty proud of myself. [emoji846]
Ha! Genius!

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2017, 07:32:16 AM »

it was at 9.98 for a while but now all the stores in Detroit Area are dropping to 5.98.  Going out today to get a few bags.

@Mkrause @mattlillis73 @jbenavidez2 @SteveMBH

Get it while they still have them

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=009-06-1387

Grabbed 6 thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »
Talked to the manager of one of the few Targets in the area that actually had some in stock (closeout price $9.98) and showed her this thread and and I asked if it was possible to price match and was told that it was their policy to not honor price matches on closeout items. She did say that if the Target online price was lower they could honor it, which it is not. She was not sure if they would drop the price any lower and suggested I check back on the stock and price for that particular store, and if it does drop, to call CS and have them hold it in my name.

I never buy anything grill related from Target and what consisted of their "grill aisle" was the far corner surrounded by cheap garden supplies. I had to ask where it was and got the old "all of our seasonal items are usually....) and what remaining bags of Weber briqs were on the end cap. Must be a Washington thing?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
Talked to the manager of one of the few Targets in the area that actually had some in stock (closeout price $9.98) and showed her this thread and and I asked if it was possible to price match and was told that it was their policy to not honor price matches on closeout items. She did say that if the Target online price was lower they could honor it, which it is not. She was not sure if they would drop the price any lower and suggested I check back on the stock and price for that particular store, and if it does drop, to call CS and have them hold it in my name.

I never buy anything grill related from Target and what consisted of their "grill aisle" was the far corner surrounded by cheap garden supplies. I had to ask where it was and got the old "all of our seasonal items are usually....) and what remaining bags of Weber briqs were on the end cap. Must be a Washington thing?

All depends on the managers. There are several Targets within range (heh) for me and they are all different when it comes to clearing out the Weber stuff. It's kind of annoying.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Therustysaw

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2017, 01:30:32 PM »
I called around and the closest Target that had any was about an hour away, so this morning I drove there and bought 16 bags at $5.98 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »
Found it at $9.98/bag. My stash is strong, so just bought a bag to try it out.
Still need a 22” yellow

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2017, 04:12:27 AM »
Found 16 bags about an hour from house

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Search of Blue or Green MBH

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2017, 06:55:28 AM »
I've now got 500+ lbs. of charcoal on hand, which will easily get me into winter, so here's my plan. If Brickseek is accurate- the numbers seem to be updating- there are many bags left within decent driving distance of me, so I'm gonna see if any of it goes from 70% to 90% off.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:29 AM »
Does anyone have a compare and contrast write up of the Weber briquettes vs Stubbs?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2017, 07:51:58 AM »
So I'm curious if anyone knows why the big discounts. A couple weeks back I also found discounted 4lb bags. Is Weber getting out of the charcoal biz?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2017, 09:06:22 AM »

@swamprb

Nope....you could be right around the corner from me in Sacramento & it would look the same.....

As soon as they  start getting ready to set up the back-to-school aisles, all the BBQ stuff drops, in weird ways & fits & starts......all different, in different areas of town....probably got 8 Targets within striking distance & none are identical as to when & how this stuff happens....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »
Good day today.  BS said a nearby Target had 16 in stock (had 25 yesterday).  Went over and found them all in back corner of the seasonal section.  Found an employee and asked them for a flat card, he came back with one and proceeded to load it for me.

Paid and headed out the door, he told me to pull my vehicle up and he'd load it for me.  Triple bonus time. Ended up with 16 bags.

Headed out to another store 4 miles away.  BS reported 6 bags.  Went to back corner and only saw matchlight and Kingsford.   Checked the price scanner and it showed 6 on hand but it didn't show a location.  The hunt was on.   Went up and down the main aisle ways checking the clearance end caps.  Ended up finding the 6 bags on an end cap at the front corner of the store next to groceries.

So, 22 bags to go with what I had previously gotten.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »
Not $5 Weber deals here in SoCal.  It is marked down at Lowe's to $14.  But Lowe's is blowing out the Char Broil lump which I love.  Bought the last six.  $4.40 per.

Sent from my XT1585 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2017, 01:19:43 PM »
I was planning a road trip for that 4.40  Char Broil- 2hrs one way- but then the Weber deal happened. I'd rather have the Char Broil tho.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:27:10 PM by charred »

jmccormick1220

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2017, 01:46:53 PM »
Thanks for the alert!  The store in Clinton Township had a pallet of marked at $9.95 but is scanned $5.98. Got 10 bags. Hope it's good stuff!

Judging by the comments here I'm sure it is.

Thanks again!