Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop  (Read 24417 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2017, 06:19:17 AM »
I checked two of my local stores that had it listed in stock that finally dropped to $5 a bag. Neither store had any to be found.

How many did BS show in stock and does it still show as in stock ?   Did you look all over the store for it ?  I found some on a random end cap well away from the seasonal/clearance area.

One store had 28, the other 23. I searched every isle in both stores for about an hour each. No one could locate them in the back either. Apparently I wasn't the only person who asked about them. Brickseek is still showing them in stock.

When the Fenton store (StL) showed a price of $9.98, a manager told me that every bag they had was in the stockroom, and not discounted... in fact, their inventory system showed they were discontinued. She said that meant that they would be sending them back to the manufacturer.

Two weeks later, Brickseek showed them at $5.98, with 33 in stock. I called, and the employees could not locate them. A week after that, Brickseek went from showing 33 in stock to 0.

The StL/Chesterfield store showed 29 bags at $5.98 last week. I couldn't locate them, and had an employee check the stockroom... all of their bags were on a pallet to be sent back. He brought me six bags out. I'm guessing that they must have put the remaining stock back out on the floor, because Brickseek is now showing 17 in stock.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

davekkk

• WKC Brave
Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2017, 06:51:16 AM »

Finally dropped at the eau Claire wi target. Plenty left.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:53:14 AM by davekkk »

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2017, 06:53:14 AM »
The StL/Chesterfield store showed 29 bags at $5.98 last week. I couldn't locate them, and had an employee check the stockroom... all of their bags were on a pallet to be sent back. He brought me six bags out. I'm guessing that they must have put the remaining stock back out on the floor, because Brickseek is now showing 17 in stock.

No they didn't.  I drove out Monday night, and bought the bags that dropped the inventory number down.  Had to ask an employee to get the for me.  I am going to Kirkwood target today to get some more as they are now down to 5.98 but will be calling first.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2017, 05:30:54 AM »
The Kennewick, WA store finally dropped the price from $9.98 to $5.98 yesterday morning, so i went and grabbed another 18 bags for a total of 20. I also grabbed four grill mitts at $2.38 each and a charcoal rake for $7 something. As much as I've been complaining about how Target does these markdowns, it sure is nice to get in there and leave with a great deal (and plenty of "whoa" looks from the staff and other customers).

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:16:54 AM by cbpeck »

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »
I just picked up 6 bags, I have charcoal at home and really didn't need it, but at $5.98 a bag even the wife said good deal. I may give it a run this weekend.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »
I'm Jealous!!
We've got nothin' around here.
Been to 6 or 7 different stores.
Some of them don't even know
what I'm talking about.
Give 'em the UPC and they come up
goose eggs.
Unless it's off inventory and stashed
in the back waiting until someone
says to dump it.
ARRRRRG!

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »
Had a buddy pick up 11 bags for me @ $5.98 while on vacation. He said that was all that was left. Checked when I got home and BS said they still had 15. Went up and found them and bought 3 more. I should have bought them all and may go back!!!   :)

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »
8 bags last night of the $5.98 20# Weber. Making my last run of the summer tonite. I'll take what they have and Brickseek says that have 18 bags...

Yikes.
"You're hungry? I'll fire up the grills..."

buttman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »
Picked up 16 today! All the local stores were out, had to travel about 24 miles for it. Definitely worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »
Mount Laurel store had 102 2 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merkong

• WKC Brave
Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »
We grabbed 17 bags today in the Twin Cities  (for a total of 32 bags and some shake; about 620#). Figure 10 more on payday and I absolutely *have* to have enough to get through the dark months...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:02:44 PM by Merkong »

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »
hoodie weather? I'm jealous!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2017, 04:45:20 PM »
IKR?

We're in the upper 50's today. Weird.

gengle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2017, 05:13:16 PM »
Hit it!. Took the youngest daughter to Target (Central PA) for Back to School supplies. Can't believe how expensive she's getting but, they had 5 bags marked down to 5.98 ... got em all! Winning ugly! ;>

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »
Atta boy! Learning 'em young.