Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop  (Read 24414 times)

Yendor

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2017, 07:15:06 AM »
We grabbed 17 bags today in the Twin Cities  (for a total of 32 bags and some shake; about 620#). Figure 10 more on payday and I absolutely *have* to have enough to get through the dark months...[/url]
What store did you go to? I was hoping to pick some more up in Shakopee on Saturday as they had about 22 bags listed still. Looked today, 0. Oh well, I still have a lot of charcoal. Going to try it with some Pork Butts on Sunday.

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2017, 11:50:31 AM »
Brickseek knows all... But they are +/- 5 bags.
"You're hungry? I'll fire up the grills..."

robertn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2017, 04:01:17 PM »
Bought another 5 bags at the Brentwood, TN location.  The price just dropped to $5.98 and I didn't have to drive very far.  Woohoo!  They still had about 20 bags left.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2017, 06:37:17 PM »
TENNESEE PEOPLE:  It was killing me today, because on my way home from a family trip I dashed into Target for a phone cord and there were about 20 bags at $5.98 just sitting there... and me with a completely full trunk and 500 miles to go.  DANG IT.

I called back to my FIL in the hopes that he would get some, but I guess he isn't insane like me and did other things today.

So if anyone is within striking distance of the Target at the foot of Signal Mountain on Chickamauga Dam Road, PLEASE get there so I can sleep tonight.

(the only consolation was that part of my cargo was four sweet logs of mountain hickory...)
One of the charcoal people.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »
Okay, please learn from my folly:

Step 1:  I ignored Brickseek, because it didn't correlate in any way with the Target website.
Step 2:  I ignored the Target website, because it didn't correlate with the phone calls I made to Target.
Step 3:  I called about 6 stores in my area to check on stock, and they authoritatively told me that no one had any Weber charcoal in stock.  Except for one store, who said they had only two bags which they would hold them for me. 
Step 4:  Showed up at the store today, collected my two bags, and just for grins I headed to the back corner of the store (aka, clearance area).  Where I found four more bags.
Step 5:  Just for grins, I stopped at another Target on my way home, where I found six more bags (remember that they previously said they had zero). 

Lesson:  Target has no earthly idea of their inventory.  I let my fingers do the walking, but that was dumb.  I should have just driven to the goshdarn stores. 

FWIW, everything I saw today was priced at $9.98.  Kinda bummed to miss out on the super-bargain $7 stuff, but I think I'm more glad to be done driving around with three kids and stuffing 20lb bags of charcoal under their feet in the back seat. 

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2017, 04:18:48 PM »
Okay, please learn from my folly:

Step 1:  I ignored Brickseek, because it didn't correlate in any way with the Target website.
Step 2:  I ignored the Target website, because it didn't correlate with the phone calls I made to Target.
Step 3:  I called about 6 stores in my area to check on stock, and they authoritatively told me that no one had any Weber charcoal in stock.  Except for one store, who said they had only two bags which they would hold them for me. 
Step 4:  Showed up at the store today, collected my two bags, and just for grins I headed to the back corner of the store (aka, clearance area).  Where I found four more bags.
Step 5:  Just for grins, I stopped at another Target on my way home, where I found six more bags (remember that they previously said they had zero). 

Lesson:  Target has no earthly idea of their inventory.  I let my fingers do the walking, but that was dumb.  I should have just driven to the goshdarn stores. 

FWIW, everything I saw today was priced at $9.98.  Kinda bummed to miss out on the super-bargain $7 stuff, but I think I'm more glad to be done driving around with three kids and stuffing 20lb bags of charcoal under their feet in the back seat.

I empathize. Target is one of the most frustrating retailers to shop with.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
All stores I have been to are down to $5.98 but only have a couple bags left.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2017, 07:54:14 AM »
Scored 12 bags today while school shopping in Columbus area. Makes a total of 28 bags

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:52:30 AM by buckeyesmoker »
Search of Blue or Green MBH

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2017, 10:55:20 AM »
I'm still learning:  stopped by a third store today (killing time with my kids while my wife works a week of night shifts), and found 7 bags at $14.  Yet another store that reported zero stock, but it's nice to know it's there and perhaps I'll snag it when the price drops down to $6. 

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2017, 06:10:14 PM »
Finally price dropped to $5.98 at my local Orlando, FL Target .... picked up 6 .. still plenty left (around 22)
weber_charcoal_2" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>image uploader[/url]

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2017, 06:51:32 PM »
Up over 800# and essentially cleaned out the Twin Cities Metropolitan area of the 20# bags of Weber. Maybe a dozen left at between $10 and $20 a bag.

Also snapped pictures of the code numbers on several other items; grates, fluid, grill covers etc, so I can watch and wait for them to get down to 50-75% off...

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2017, 06:53:27 PM »
Remember kids that all the Targets in our area also stock it up front by the bathrooms with some other BBQ items and ice.

Weird but if you don't see any in back check up front.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Weber Charcoal at Target Latest Price Drop
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2017, 08:12:37 PM »
A bit off topic, but I gotta announce a personal victory- I finally snagged some Weber Cubes below retail! This particular search had reached near-grail status.  :)

Found at a Walmart for $2, 50% off. I know they get marked down to like $1.18, but I jumped and bought the last 12 boxes. (I also use them for the wood stove in the house.)

Come on Weber Light My Fire...    ::)

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=21943440

@charred thanks for the heads up!  I just scored 30 packs of Weber cubes at $1/each.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:15:51 PM by crumbsnatcher »

gus9904

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »
For those reporting $9.98 check because mine was marked $9.98 (clearance) but price check showed $5.98.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
My local stores have been cleaned out and not by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.