Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Snagged another Smokey Joe Platinum  (Read 859 times)

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Snagged another Smokey Joe Platinum
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:11:53 PM »
I snagged a mint condition DR code Smokey Joe Platinum from CL. I got it from a man who "sucks at grilling, especially with charcoal." So now I have two of these, and I don't think the Mrs. is gonna be very happy. It was too good of a deal to pass up, but now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do with it. I could flip it to a friend who would gladly take it or I could keep it, maybe even try to make an 18" tamale pot styled not-so-mini-WSM.

I think they make great camp grills because they're compact, but still big enough to cook indirectly. I've done chicken parts, pork tenderloin, whole tri-tip and other medium sized cuts of meat with great results. Yes, the vents are a little different, but they work really well once you get the hang of it.

So any suggestions about what to do with it other than just sit on it and have two? Any creative ideas? Anybody interested in a trade? I'm always interested in colored kettles, just like everybody else here. ;D

Photo from the ad:

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Snagged another Smokey Joe Platinum
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
@cbpeck I don't see a pic in the post.  What color is the SJP?
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Re: Snagged another Smokey Joe Platinum
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »
@cbpeck I don't see a pic in the post.  What color is the SJP?

It's black. It's in wonderful condition and is a great little grill, but no color. Let me know if you're interested. We can work something out.