Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit Charcoal Mods  (Read 16000 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Summit Charcoal Mods
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »
How is the lid with the cables on your thermometer?  I saw Matt running his smoke inside.  No crimping? @SixZeroFour

SixZeroFour

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 07:51:54 AM »
@Josh G Totally fine - the lid gasket just seals over it like a pillow [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »
I really like the red wheels. Gonna have to figure something out for mine. Maybe plasti dip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 09:57:18 AM »
No 18.5" Euro Kettle model here, but someone wanting to duplicate the wheel's look might be able to do so by using paint intended for plastic.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SixZeroFour

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2017, 11:51:12 AM »

I forgot to post this one up here!... more an accessory than a mod, but its an awesome pizza rig!

More details here:
The quest for a Summit Charcoal Pizza Oven
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:53:53 AM by SixZeroFour »

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »
I'm waiting to see who is going to be the first person to take a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center and remove the kettle from the ring support assembly and drop in a standard Weber 26.75 bowl and lid creating the worlds first true Weber 26.75 Performer? This is the ultimate mod that everyone (especially me) is waiting to see.

I absolutely guarantee someone is going to do this eventually, just a question of who will be there first?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
@ramsfan The 26.75'" would likely hang in the ring, but I think the cost of the cart would be the biggest issue to tackle in a 26r performer build. An Aristocrat Performer would be pretty badass thou! 8)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »
@ramsfan The 26.75'" would likely hang in the ring, but I think the cost of the cart would be the biggest issue to tackle in a 26r performer build. An Aristocrat Performer would be pretty badass thou! 8)

Yes, I believe you are correct. The most likely scenario I see is someone who owns both of these pieces already and decides to do a little experimenting. The caveat being that a hole would need to be drilled into the bowl of the 26er to make way for the burner tube.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:42:19 PM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2017, 03:00:11 AM »

I'm waiting to see who is going to be the first person to take a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center and remove the kettle from the ring support assembly and drop in a standard Weber 26.75 bowl and lid creating the worlds first true Weber 26.75 Performer? This is the ultimate mod that everyone (especially me) is waiting to see.

I absolutely guarantee someone is going to do this eventually, just a question of who will be there first?

That would be like dropping a big block into a tesla. The big block is awesome, but by Tesla is a different beast based on engineering.

Removing the insulated bowl and cooker  from the Summit completely nullifies what make its unique. You can have a very similar cart custom fabricated for your 26” for less money then the Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2017, 03:23:27 PM »

That would be like dropping a big block into a tesla. The big block is awesome, but by Tesla is a different beast based on engineering.

Removing the insulated bowl and cooker  from the Summit completely nullifies what make its unique. You can have a very similar cart custom fabricated for your 26” for less money then the Summit.

Trust me, money ain't got nothing to do with it. I have seen thousands spent on a single grill in this place. Somebody will eventually create this mod. Probably in a few years when old SCGC's are popping up on CL for less than $500? There is absolutely nothing "unique" or special about a Weber SCGC. It's just another cooker like the hundreds that came before it and the thousands that will come after it.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »

Trust me, money ain't got nothing to do with it. I have seen thousands spent on a single grill in this place. Somebody will eventually create this mod. Probably in a few years when old SCGC's are popping up on CL for less than $500? There is absolutely nothing "unique" or special about a Weber SCGC. It's just another cooker like the hundreds that came before it and the thousands that will come after it.

We shall see.

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »
What I keep expecting to see is a mini-Ranch with gas added. Forget about making it a "Performer" with table. The frame necessary to hang some sort of gas valve/ignition is already there in the RK's square tubing, just drill the burner tube's hole and get creative mounting the rest.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 03:11:35 AM »

All kettles are unique and special.  :)

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2017, 06:45:59 AM »

What I keep expecting to see is a mini-Ranch with gas added. Forget about making it a "Performer" with table. The frame necessary to hang some sort of gas valve/ignition is already there in the RK's square tubing, just drill the burner tube's hole and get creative mounting the rest.

I have a mini ranch 26....but I had a gas assist performer and barely used the ignition.  Weber cubes are cheap and easy

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »

[/quote]

Wrong.

1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962