Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Who makes Master Chef lump charcoal?  (Read 1732 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Who makes Master Chef lump charcoal?
« on: June 16, 2017, 07:46:30 PM »
Does anybody know?  It's made in Canada and apparently is composed of maple, beech, and yellow birch woods so I'm wondering if it's rebadged Maple Leaf lump charcoal.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Who makes Master Chef lump charcoal?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/master-chef-premium-lump-bbq-charcoal-0852268p.html

Pretty good price actually. Have you tried it yet? How much uncarbonized material was there?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Who makes Master Chef lump charcoal?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »
I haven't tried it yet.  The bag I bought today came about from a snafu at Canadian Tire.  I went in to buy a gazebo (couldn't find the model the neighbour bought) but saw that Royal Oak lump was on sale for 21% off, $14.99 instead of $17.99, so I bought three.  The grand total seemed a bit high so I checked over the receipt when I got home and that's when I discovered that the charcoal was all full price.  Back to the store I go with the receipt and visit the customer service desk and that's when I discovered someone got cute with the charcoal display and put the sale card for the Master Chef lump 8 Kg bags under the 8 Kg bags of Royal Oak.  One of the sales staff brought a bag of the Master Chef store up to the customer service counter while this was being investigated.  Anyways, I decided what the heck, I'll buy a bag and try it but I haven't had a chance yet.