Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hole in the Bowl question  (Read 1620 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Hole in the Bowl question
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:33 AM »
So pulling out my grills for my family portrait (see introduce yourself post), I noticed my old thumbscrew 22" (which I've sadly never cooked on, but would like to rectify that, hence this post) has some pretty serious holes by the leg sockets-at least two roughly the size of a half dollar.  The previous owner had some welding talent and said that he had shored up the leg sockets with some welds, and I don't know if 40+ years of wet ash caused it, the welding weakened it, or what.  I didn't really care at the time, since I only bought it for the lid to make an UDS, but I didn't end up doing that and this site has inspired me to get it to cooking, at least once in a while.

So is there a fix, or do I just have less heat control and cook as is until the legs collapse inward?  I should note that I do not have any welding talent and would be limited to JB weld, screws, rivets, etc...

I can post pictures later if that may help.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hole in the Bowl question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
I have the same question, but I properly will not cook on mine.  I have seen someone post a fix but not sure if it was leg sockets, maybe it was bowl handle referb. 

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Hole in the Bowl question
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:21:49 AM »
Please post a picture and I will try and help. I hope it wasn't ashmud. :(