Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gen II Performer Appreciation Thread  (Read 31573 times)

thinkblue

• WKC Brave
Re: Gen II Performer Appreciation Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
Love the red Gen II!

Might have to start looking for another red...

Are you feeling ok Marty?

Thanks for talking me down from the ledge Neil. That was close!

I have never seen this beer berfor

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2017, 02:48:05 AM »
Very good IPA by the way. Only need Koa rollers and this restore is done. Here's a black view. Removed one more label to complete the look I was looking for.  I call her Gen Gen, an indirect nod to Gen II, but really after a sweet little black cat we had a while back. Her real name was General, but she only answered to Gen Gen - that is, when she chose to answer at all. This Gen Gen will be answering the call frequently.

Retired

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2017, 04:26:42 AM »
Love the black on black. Very clean looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

thinkblue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2017, 08:02:18 AM »
Very good IPA by the way. Only need Koa rollers and this restore is done. Here's a black view. Removed one more label to complete the look I was looking for.  I call her Gen Gen, an indirect nod to Gen II, but really after a sweet little black cat we had a while back. Her real name was General, but she only answered to Gen Gen - that is, when she chose to answer at all. This Gen Gen will be answering the call frequently.

This is awesome.

thinkblue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2017, 08:07:34 AM »

Topped it off with tiger maple handle

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »
Right back atcha!
Retired

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2017, 09:14:38 AM »
Not quite finished yet....

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:47:42 AM by greenweb »

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2017, 11:12:33 AM »
Not quite finished yet....

beautiful.  what is left on your punch list?
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 11:36:38 AM »
^^^ Thank you! Only few small things to do. So far so good! I am trying to keep it real simple with a polished aluminum end cap. I may delete gas assist on this one. Weber badge from SSP and a special edition logo on front and that's it. All under mount so no bolt head shows. It will be nice and strong when done.

I just found me a solid heavy duty commercial grade stainless steel that I will be cutting up and doing another performer before this. I am really excited, so I have to tackle this new project first.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2017, 12:01:55 PM »
^^^ Thank you! Only few small things to do. So far so good! I am trying to keep it real simple with a polished aluminum end cap. I may delete gas assist on this one. Weber badge from SSP and a special edition logo on front and that's it. All under mount so no bolt head shows. It will be nice and strong when done.

I just found me a solid heavy duty commercial grade stainless steel that I will be cutting up and doing another performer before this. I am really excited, so I have to tackle this new project first.

If memory serves, you would have to modify the bowl in order to do gas assist.  If that is the case, I would skip it.  Either way, it is a beauty.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2017, 02:26:07 PM »

If memory serves, you would have to modify the bowl in order to do gas assist.  If that is the case, I would skip it.  Either way, it is a beauty.

It actually has a gas assist. I thought about hiding the tank but decided to block off the bowl and keep it simple. Thanks!

Here is the other Gen2/Gen3 hybrid I was talking about.  One piece 304 grade stainless steel table build. Almost finished. Had a hell of time cutting as it is about 3 times thick as the SSP table thickness.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
What did you use to cut it? Angle grinder?
Grills

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »
What did you use to cut it? Angle grinder?

I tried it with a jig saw like on my Green one, but due to the thickness, it just wasn't cutting it. Yes, I ended up using the angle grinder. Not as a pretty cut as with the jig saw. My Jig saw cut on the Green was like a lazer cut. This one not so much.

The table is all done and mounted. Just need to take all the tape off, clean, and put Zav handles and I am done with this one.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need