Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26! 'H' flat top lid on 'AH' bowl  (Read 1636 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
26! 'H' flat top lid on 'AH' bowl
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
So this 26er popped up on CL a week and a half ago. Apparently not too much interest from any of the local crew, including myself. @ramsfan texted me shortly after it was posted… I let him know I wasn't going for it. After seeing it still posted a couple of days later, I shot the seller a text… no response. @Travis happened to text me a few hours after that, to make sure I was aware of the listing. He had tried to call the seller, but the number listed in the ad was a non-working number. So I sent the guy an email… got a response the next day, that simply said "I am currently out of town until Sunday".  I replied, requesting he get ahold of me when he gets back. Sunday rolls around. Nothin'. Sent him another email Tuesday, letting him know I'm still interested, if it's still available. Nothin. Sent him one last email yesterday morning and got a response… grill sold. Oh, well… so it goes. I have a H code flat top… didn't really need a new 26… have just been hoping to find one cheap so I could utilize the newer bowl/ash catcher/lid bale with my flat top lid.

Well… i get an email from the seller this afternoon. Says he's been holding the grill for me, and when can I pick it up?  WTF?? I didn't ask any questions… just said I could be there this evening. Winds up he's 5 minutes from my house. Super nice guy. Says he used the grill a few times a couple of summers ago, but that he and his wife had gotten spoiled by having a gas grill. Said he had gotten at least 30 emails about the grill… apparently I was the first to email him.

Anyway, the grill's in good shape. Lid has a small dent/porcelain loss in one spot on the rim. Charcoal grate has surface rust from lack of use. Ash bucket is not there, but he said it's in his messy garage. He's going to dig it out and I should have it this weekend.  And best of all… my H flat top fits! It's a bit of a loose fit, but it had the same loose feel with it's H bowl. The AH lid fits the H bowl quite nicely, as well.

Looks like I'll be selling a 26er real soon… H bowl with an AH lid!  I'll post some better pics when I've got some daylight…

@mcgolden  @kettlebb   @OGlenn
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:53:59 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: 26! AH code bowl with H code flat top lid
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
Nice grill!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: 26! AH code bowl with H code flat top lid
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »
I just re-read the text conversation I had with Travis... don't know why, but cracks me up....

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:43:35 PM by Bob BQ »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 26! 'H' flat top lid on 'AH' bowl
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »
Congrats brother! Looking forward to seeing ya getting her dirty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 04:39:17 AM »
Nice pickup Bob. I need to see how my flat top lid fits on my current model 26er. CONGRATS on the score.    8)
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 05:16:10 AM »
Awesome.  I have been watching that posting since it first went up thinking that it would be gone the same day.  Where was it located?

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 05:18:03 AM »
I just reread your post...are you flipping this one?

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 06:05:06 AM »
Awesome.  I have been watching that posting since it first went up thinking that it would be gone the same day.  Where was it located?

The seller was baffled as to why he got no responses for a couple of days (he had requested a text if interested)... his phone number was off by 1 digit in the listing.  The seller is on Marquette Ave, in between Jamieson & Watson.

I just reread your post...are you flipping this one?

Will more than likely be selling the older bottom half with the newer lid. Going to try and get it (and a couple other grills) ready for listing this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:07:51 AM by Bob BQ »

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »
That's super cool!  Congrats.  I love that combo. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »
Hmmmmm.....   could there be a 26r in my future????
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »
Hey bob call me this evening....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...