Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: finally! she is all done - Redhead SSP restore underway  (Read 12258 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: finally! she is all done - Redhead SSP restore underway
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 11:24:12 AM »
Wow!  You did one hell of a job!!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 11:28:30 AM »
Bravo!  It looks fantastic.  The 1lb coleman conversion worked out well.  The crinkle paint on the top is fine, and not easily detected unless one is looking for it.  The details on this SSP are awesome...the handle, the wheels, the lid bale....even the end caps on the wire shelf have been thought through.  Great job.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 11:35:28 AM »
@greenweb  OUTSTANDING!
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »
Beyond outstanding! Beautiful work! Are ya' gonna get it dirty anytime soon?  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:48:29 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Redhead SSP restore underway
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »

That's a triple R if there ever was one. Now, I gotta ask; is it your intention to replace every wood handle on every Weber kettle ever made? Brian is starting to talk about retiring to Boca Raton!  8)
Retired

w3ber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »
I'm speechless that is amazing. What a wonderful looking SSP!

Sent using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Green SSP x2 DD DA / 22.5 Blk bowl, Red lid (Rescued) / Jumbo Joe / 18.5 N / / SJ100 / UDS 55 /\ Gas Weber Genesis Gold /\ Weber Fire Pit

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
Thanks for your kind words.

Like to thank all who contributed directly or indirectly to this build.  Foster Dahlet - for sending me rest of his star nuts all free including shipping to do my frames. haeffb - for sending me the new lid bale assy. free for other project. Ended up using it here.  Neil_VT00 - for sending me axle nuts all free of charge for other project as well. Also ended up using them here. Zav - for all his beautiful wood handles he made up for me. Uncle Al - for his white wall trims.

I had lot of things on my mind and somehow I missed the charcoal bin wood handle. Not sure if others noticed that. Not even thinking about this...just now MikeRocksTheRed PM'd me and asked if I had one going. Nope!  He offered me a matching wood handle for it.  How cool is that. Thanks Mike!  I have offered him few things to return the favor but he won't budge. I will surely pay it forward in some ways.  :)

Also, Foster Dahlet and SteveZ  for their projects at the time that inspire me to take on this project. I am sure there are others.

Thank you all!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:04:00 AM by greenweb »

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »
Stunning pics, thanks for posting this. Can't stop looking at them

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
Greenweb, that's really something special you've got there. It's the embodiment of what this club is about. Really makes me feel guilty because I haven't had time to RRR my old kettles. I will eventually get around to doing it when the kids are a little more self sufficient. Truly inspiring work you've done. Now please, light a chimney in that beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
Beyond outstanding! Beautiful work! Are ya' gonna get it dirty anytime soon?  :)

Thanks! Yes, as soon as the snow clears and I am able to wheel it thru. the back yard. This will be one of my main cooker this year. All new parts stays on this kettle. I do like the idea of having SS cooking grate for SSP.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:31:47 PM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Redhead SSP restore underway
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2017, 12:37:55 PM »

That's a triple R if there ever was one. Now, I gotta ask; is it your intention to replace every wood handle on every Weber kettle ever made? Brian is starting to talk about retiring to Boca Raton!  8)

LOL! Thanks!  At least to replace all my kettles. Brain has been outstanding. He deserves a nice retirement.  ;D  He ain't retiring from my small fortune I invested in his handles anytime soon.  ;D ;D ;D

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
Greenweb, that's really something special you've got there. It's the embodiment of what this club is about. Really makes me feel guilty because I haven't had time to RRR my old kettles. I will eventually get around to doing it when the kids are a little more self sufficient. Truly inspiring work you've done. Now please, light a chimney in that beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!  I was basically inspired by others here to take on the project.  This was the most challenging  RRR I took on and the most enjoyable. This will be my main cooker and possibly my favorite kettle from now on.

Now please, light a chimney in that beauty!

Not in my Garage.  When I am able to move this to the back of the house .... for sure.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »
BIIIIIITCHEEEENNNNNN....WOW! You so nailed that restore!  Everything looks AWESOME!!  congratulations!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »
Bravo!  It looks fantastic.  The 1lb coleman conversion worked out well.  The crinkle paint on the top is fine, and not easily detected unless one is looking for it.  The details on this SSP are awesome...the handle, the wheels, the lid bale....even the end caps on the wire shelf have been thought through.  Great job.

Hey thanks! You are catching all the details.   :)  I really like the finish on the top frame.  I could have sanded it down and repainted smooth. I am so glad I did not.  Mine was accidental, but you can actually buy this finish paint. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-Wrinkle-Finish-Spray-Paint/dp/B006ZLQ2HS

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »
Really an outstanding job!!..I too keep looking at the pics!!