Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does anyone sell these side attatchment thingies or know what they're called?  (Read 5549 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCDmRD8SA22/

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not even sure what they're called- the thing that clips on the side of the kettle and can hold a beer or Maverick 732?

This from A Post On WKC-

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:35:21 AM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

glend123

• WKC Brave
I think it's called a spice rack.
22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
It is called a spice rack and they are long discontinued by Weber.
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Condiment holder. Weber part # was 21301. You might find one somewhere out there.
Retired

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
They are generally pricey when the pop up on ebay.  It seems like most of them that have been acquired by people here have been accidental....came with a use grill where the seller didn't know that the spice rack has more value than the used kettle they are selling.  I'm still searching for one!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
The was or may be a red kettle for sale here in the Chicagoland area that had one that was pictured on the grill so I assume it came with it.  Not sure if its still out there though.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
The guy at the grill shop said he put a bunch in the huge discount bin because he had them on the shelf for years and no one bought them.  I asked what he sold them for and he said he thought he sold them for a couple bucks each.  I wanted to puke

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Cellar2ful

PM sent @captjoe06.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

EricD

• WKC Brave
I'd be afraid that anything you put in the rack would get extremely hot, being that close to the kettle.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
I've never had a problem with this rack getting hot. I've used it numerous times with my Maverick-732 unit, BBQ sauces and spray bottles with zero heat related problems. Beer isn't there long enough to be effected.  LOL
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
@EricD - They wouldn't have sold it if it was problem, however along with that, keep in mind things like the vortex, kettle pizza, and slow-n-sear weren't around back them so I would use discretion if you are doing a high heat cook that might not have been a thing 30 years ago.  If you look at all of the DIY grill tables people have done with wood, it seems like once you are 1/2-1 inch away from the grill you are all good.  I'd imagine since the heat rises it tends to go straight up the side of the kettle more so than radiating outwards.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

EricD

• WKC Brave
@Scott Zee, Good to know thanks!
@MikeRocksTheRed, Good point, but there's got to be a reason it's been discontinued.

I've done wings and needed gloves to take the lid off.  Next cook I'm going to pay extra attention to how hot the sides get!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
In my opinion you should always use a BBQ glove with a kettle. Common sense. If people weren't complaining and burning their hands then we might still have welded handles instead of the taco handle. The heat rises and the handle is hot almost every cook. Maybe they didn't sell enough of these units? They did sell side tables for OTS and OTG and perhaps folks thought they were more useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ

PM sent @captjoe06.

Thanks so much!  Hope Mrs @Cellar2ful has a nice Birthday and your Thanksgiving is fantastic.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Warning. Your beer will get way too warm when rested on a spice rack.