Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Unboxing Shots  (Read 12026 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Unboxing Shots
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »
Man Matt, looks great!
Thanks for showing this one off, it was almost like I got to in pack it myself

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 03:24:31 PM »
... The outer bowl lower section is a 26.75" kettle.

So give them a year or so to distribute the new product, and I bet we can start getting that nice looking tripod as a spare part from Weber. ...

Neat. So, you measured it? Not having to cut up a Ranch frame would be nice, but I'd wager a 26er's handles would get in the way? One of my 26's has 2 weak side handles, so maybe that's a good thing.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 04:05:04 PM »
Yes, I measured it. Definitely would require some minor modification in order to work.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »
Simply bad ass. Seeing that baby up against The Hedge makes me want one bad....Kevin Kolman posting cooks on facebook isn't helping either. And I had convinced myself I didn't want/need one of those. Shit.
Do worry, I'm sure you could grow a hedge too.  😄

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 10:24:28 AM »
Settled, I will hold out for next year's 26er hoping for the "KEY HOLE" intake(s) & some color...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
How does the cooking grate compare to a standard 26.75" grate?
Growing family = growing kettles!

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »
Not sure if it was mentioned but what really catches my eye is the design of the air inlets
on the bottom. This is my first time seeing this design. Looks like it would provide superior
temp control over the standard three slots. Am I missing something or is this a new
layout?
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »
Not sure if it was mentioned but what really catches my eye is the design of the air inlets
on the bottom. This is my first time seeing this design. Looks like it would provide superior
temp control over the standard three slots. Am I missing something or is this a new
layout?

It's new.  There's also a new corresponding position marked on the ring for a "smoke" setting.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 09:06:51 PM »
HOW in the hell were you able to stop assembly to take pics????  I would be going crazy until it was all put together!!!  Congrats and it Looks Great!!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 02:51:39 AM »
It's smaller by about 2" due to the inner liner for the air insulation.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 03:07:29 AM »
It's smaller by about 2" due to the inner liner for the air insulation.

And that's why I'm hoping it's very close to the size of a flat top 26er's cook grate. :) I'd freak at being able to buy an SS Gourmet grate for mine. Just need the measurements confirmed. I've already forgotten the numbers for both but thought it was like within 1/4", and I'll hack the support tabs with small extensions if that's what it takes.

Assuming ereplacements offers it next year, 'cause there ain't no way Weber would sell me one directly.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 03:09:59 AM »
Post the measurements of your flat top 26, I'll measure the SCG grill grate next time I go. Unless @SixZeroFour beats me to it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 04:41:06 AM »
My flat top 26's grill grate measures 24 13/16", or just a hair over 24 3/4".

The maximum allowable space in the bowl while still sitting on the straps appears to be just under 25", and the discontinued GrillMark 25" was just under 25", which is why it was a good flat top fit. The Craycort is 25", so a tight but doable (and available) fit, but CI isn't my first choice.

I've read that the SCG's cook grate is somewhere between 24" and 24.5". Either could be made to work, but I hope it's 24.5" obviously.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 06:38:33 AM »
I'll grab an exact measurement for you shortly here ATS. The SS gourmet Grate is really nice [emoji106]

I also have a few of the Grillmate grates if you're in need and can't make the new one work.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 07:06:12 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke

24" on the new one
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E