Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Unboxing Shots  (Read 12025 times)

SixZeroFour

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Unboxing Shots
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:56:11 PM »
I will do a proper blog write up and review this week but in the meantime here are the unboxing shots of the SCG!

Note the included ATC port! Just beside the burner tube (capped) - I really hope this ties into that Weber wifi app/system but who knows... 8)

First cook coming soon!

- Six
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill - Unboxing Shots
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »
Looks great!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:05:43 PM »
Looks beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »
Awesome pics!  I never saw anything so far about a hole for an ATC.  I was kind of wondering if there was something for one or if the ATC makers were going to have to redesign adapter plates!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  One question @SixZeroFour  how does the bowl attach or does it just sit there?  I ask because I forsee an idea forming!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 01:50:52 PM »
Oh Myyyyyyyy!!  Congrats very jealous.  First cook burgers and hot links?
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »
So sweet

Think the next model has the tech built in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 02:29:15 PM »
Thanks for all the pics. 6
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 02:47:40 PM »
Very nice!

I know I'm the very small minority but I wish there were a model that didn't have gas assist. I never use mine on my performers. 

Also at that price tag I'm not sure if I'll ever get one.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 02:59:55 PM »
Nice - the tripod looks very stable. Kind of like taking the ranch frame and triangulating it!

Jon R.

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 03:02:22 PM »
That is a fine grill...The wife is already not happy with me from my latest copper purchase.  See profile photo.  With my current 4 Weber's I am facing an uphill battle to justify but my goodness I would love to have a Summit Charcoal!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 03:10:03 PM »
That rig looks seriously badass. Nothing compliments black like chrome and this one's got it.

Thanks for our nerd pix, Six. So many questions.

Wondering how you both sear and then cook at a lower temp ... somewhere, while food is on, you have to remove the cook grate and basically remove the cook grate to move it into the upper or lower position. That seems like it'd be annoying. Overall, I'm concerned that heat is controlled from more of a farther away/nearer food heat source and the ability to create heat zones is diminished.

I know AmazingRibs said that's not an issue here. The example they gave was doing steaks with the grate up top ... OK, but the impression I'm getting here is charcoal grate stays up for grilling, down for smoking because getting higher heat with the grate always low might be an issue.

I see Weber supplies the charcoal holders. Are they suggesting lighting with them and not a chimney? Just wondering, since lighting charcoal with charcoal already loaded into the machine seems to be the intention.

Wondering about the front wheel height. Surely it's more than 2", otherwise legions of Genesis and SSP owners will be clamoring for the first decent 2" locking wheel.

Wondering if the cooking grate would work for a flat top 26. Seems really close! Also, what diameter is the charcoal grate, alone and with the ring?

I like that the lid vent is once again riveted where it spins. I had visions of them bolting it together and that IMO sucks.

I want that starter setup on my SSP.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
That is a fine grill...The wife is already not happy with me from my latest copper purchase.  See profile photo.  With my current 4 Weber's I am facing an uphill battle to justify but my goodness I would love to have a Summit Charcoal!!!

If your experience is like mine, anything that's regularly used is supported. (Women can be annoyingly practical in that way.) If you could do *anything* you needed on a Summit Charcoal, ditch a few you have. Like all but one.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »
Is the outer diameter of the SCG the same as the 26"? It sure seems close. That would be sweet if I could drop my 26 into one of those tripods.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 04:43:12 PM »
Amazing! Thanks for documenting this
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791