Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dining in the Lou, under the Big Red Kettle  (Read 1729 times)

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Dining in the Lou, under the Big Red Kettle
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »
 Just had dinner under the Big Red Kettle - good stuff Maynard :-) I had been told that one had to get the Meatloaf, so I had the Meatloaf/Rib combo, Wifey had Meatloaf & George had Meatloaf & Brisket. Whoever told me to get the Meatloaf was a real pal. The Meatloaf is THE BOMB! We got the Beet Salad as I was a KCBSappatizer (its not listed as such but the let us do it) It was GREAT. My ribs - I was a KCBS Master BBQ Judge and the ribs were backyard style (falling off the bone) so I hated them :-( Wonder about the Pulled Pork. I went to school with John Shelton Reed, author of Holy Smoke so I am hoping for either Mustard of Vinegar sauce on the PP. Sides at the WGR were fine, especially the spinach/garlic and the Baked Beans
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Dining in the Lou, under the Big Red Kettle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:35:27 PM »
I love fall off the bone ribs, but Weber Grill's ribs were just 'meh' for me. I believe they use a propane smoker...

Their burgers are fantastic, and the steak on a stick appetizer is baller.
I think my favorite is the double cut pork chop.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Dining in the Lou, under the Big Red Kettle
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »
I've yet to head over and try it out, but I can only imagine how good this will be. I favor "backyard style" ribs too only because thats who I am,   but some grilled meatloaf and double cut chop sounds like I need to go with stretchy pants on.