Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow'n Sear review followup - 26" kettle cooks  (Read 7453 times)

BanjoBob

• Happy Cooker
Re: Slow'n Sear review followup - 26" kettle cooks
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
Just used mine (the 22" model) on my 26" this weekend and made a very nice Brisket! Ran 5 hours at about 250 and I think it would have gone at least another hour or 2 but it was 2:30am so I refilled it. Total cook was 12 hours, the last 3 at closer to 270 and it went another 4 hours (staying around 250) after the meat was removed. I refilled a 3rd time but I think I could have only refilled twice. This was the first time I used my SnS.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »
@BanjoBob that's an awesome looking brisket!  Did you paint on that smoke ring? ;)

We'd love to see that picture posted on our facebook page!  https://www.facebook.com/adrenalinebarbecuecompany/

BanjoBob

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 06:23:57 AM »
Done!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 06:27:48 AM »
Interested in the 26" sns also. Can't wait!

eddie m

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »
I'd love to have a S N S, for my 26 inch Weber

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 11:36:29 AM »
Thanks for the review!  I really like how the Slow 'N Sear works in the 26" kettle.  There's so much real estate to work with.

That said, for the spring we are coming out with an XL Slow 'N Sear designed to fit the 26" kettle.  It has a larger sear zone and holds more charcoal and water than the standard.  I've been testing it the past few weeks and I gotta say I think the 26" kettle with XL SnS makes a tremendous combo.  In fact, it's distinctive in its price range.  Pricing isn't firm but we're thinking it will retail for around $125.  The XL SnS has a bottom plate that will make it easier to use lump charcoal and also makes it easy to slide the SnS around in the grill, or pick it up while it has charcoal in it.  It's made from 8 pounds of Stainless Steel (3 more than the standard SnS).  More info soon!

Well, having a 26" and just having bought the SNS this is just downright evil!!  ;) I really like the way this SNS works with the 26" and a full chimney of coals puts them just under the grill which makes for a REALLY hot sear zone. I did reverse sear ribeyes last Friday night and they came out awesome. First time I can remember having the coals hot enough at the end of the indirect cook to get a really good sear (I didn't do the indirect at 225 first just way to the other side of the grill). Now, since I gave away all my 22" kettles, I'll have to buy one for my current SNS AND get the new XL SNS. Y'all are just costing me money!!!

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 11:38:18 AM »
Thank you so much. As soon as they become available,  I will be the first in line to buy one.

I've been abusing the prototype for a few months now.  It's amazing.  You're gonna love it.

Pics, we need PICS of the prototype in action!!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »

Here you go!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 01:07:35 PM »
Well, having a 26" and just having bought the SNS this is just downright evil!!  ;) I really like the way this SNS works with the 26" and a full chimney of coals puts them just under the grill which makes for a REALLY hot sear zone. I did reverse sear ribeyes last Friday night and they came out awesome. First time I can remember having the coals hot enough at the end of the indirect cook to get a really good sear (I didn't do the indirect at 225 first just way to the other side of the grill). Now, since I gave away all my 22" kettles, I'll have to buy one for my current SNS AND get the new XL SNS. Y'all are just costing me money!!!

I thought you'd be happy!  We gave you a reason to buy another kettle.  8)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 02:47:36 PM »
Just received this today. Now another one to get for my 26r. Sheesh... Between the Webers, auto detailing and 5th scale 2stroke rc, I'm going broke. As long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 03:07:14 AM »
Thank you so much. As soon as they become available,  I will be the first in line to buy one.
No you won't!
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 08:22:14 AM »

Here you go!

@ABCbarbecue Just curious, how long will the new 26" model go before refueling?
May The Smoke Be With You!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 07:01:34 AM »

@ABCbarbecue Just curious, how long will the new 26" model go before refueling?

8 hours easily, which is our product claim.  In testing I've gotten over ten hours.  12 is doable.