Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy Birthday George  (Read 3316 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Happy Birthday George
« on: February 26, 2016, 06:31:22 AM »

By Kevin Kolman

Every time I talk about grilling, fire up a grill or eat grilled food, one thing always comes to mind—Weber! George Stephen, the founder of Weber, has allowed many of us to have the greatest gift ever, a Weber grill.  Our Weber grills allow us to create some of the most amazing meals and our own legendary family tales.   George was an amazing man but more importantly, someone who saw great value in family, friends and delicious BBQ. 

George’s favorite food to grill was steak and he knew how to do it well!

So today, on his birthday, let’s all do something special for the “Grand Father” of BBQ and fire up our Weber grills in memory of him.

How are you going to honor George today?   I'm going to grill a 16 oz. ribeye on one of my old 1960’s kettles, have a martini (one of George’s favorite drinks), and spend a moment in the backyard thanking him!

George, may you continue to look down on every one of us and be so proud of your “Weber” family members and all the amazing things we grill in your honor!

Now fire up that grill and raise your tongs as we say happy birthday to our backyard hero, George Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Happy Birthday George
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:49:47 AM »
I'll be firing up my new 18.5 yellow for the first time today. 4 1" bone in pork chops are on the menu along with asparagus and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I'm sure George would be proud. I'll be raising a 12oz malted beverage in his honor.       8)
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:06:10 AM »
7 decades and for looks and cooks.............still the best damn cooker ever made:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:15:45 AM »
I won't get to cook tonight, have a function to attend. I do plan on firing up Big Poppa this weekend though.
Happy Birthday George!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:52:05 AM »
I was going to drag my summer grills back out this weekend but will make sure I drag one out tonight and fire it up in his honor!!! I cant imagine cooking on anything else!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 09:02:07 AM »
Have some pork ribs to throw on in a couple of hours!  Hapy Birthday George!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 09:47:38 AM »
Steaks tonight for sure, but what grill do you use?!? Happy Birthday George!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »
I'm grabbing some oysters and some steaks , I think I'm going to use a Master Touch , seems fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
Steaks tonight for sure, but what grill do you use?!? Happy Birthday George!

I'm going with the 26er.  It's the perfect grill in my opinion.  Sure a RK would be sweet but a 26er is the best of both worlds!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »
Happy Birthday George!!! From all of us at WKC ;D
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Happy Birthday George
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »
Happy birthday, George! In honor of you, tonight we will dine on loose meat sandwiches (homemade "MAID-RITE"s) cooked on a grill almost exactly like the one in your now infamous picture....

Cheers!

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
Proudly passing the chimney of glowing coals to the next generation. My son who is coincidentally named Stephen George, has been begging me to dig out our wok which we did this evening on our copper performer. Stephen really liked cooking on it, he said he is sometimes scared of the burning coals, the wok deflects a lot of the raw heat. So from Stephen George to George Stephen, Happy Birthday! Thank you for the memories yet to come.

●|||||||●

SixZeroFour

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »
I did some surf and turf on the old Glen Blue in honor of George Sr. [emoji106]

Just imagine how many millions of memories this crazy little contraption has created over the years... and what a cool legacy!

Cheers to you Mr. Stephen!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 02:59:47 AM »
Damn. That imperial, and that cook look like it came right out of a magazine. Nice work Matt!

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 05:08:33 AM »
Some quick steaks on the GA, Happy Birthday George, ya bloody legend! (Ozzie term of endearment)