Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found a Yellow… WSM!  (Read 4903 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Found a Yellow… WSM!
« on: January 11, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »
…and it's despicable!  ;)  ;D

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Re: Found a Yellow… WSM!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:12:35 PM »
…and it's despicable!  ;)  ;D

Where is that? Here in town?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »
Posted a couple of days ago, found on Weber Canada's facebook page.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/no-explanation-necessary/msg201198/#msg201198
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

3sSecurity

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
That is awesome. I want one

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 03:21:03 AM »
fugly!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »
Hilarious I'd take one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 12:18:26 AM »
Yep. I'd take one in a heartbeat.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 05:12:32 AM »
I might take some heat for saying this....but am I wrong to think that Weber needs to drop the gimmicks and get back to their roots of building solid kettles with welds and wood handles. I honestly would NEVER buy a new kettle off of the shelf today and think that the average consumer that does isn't really getting what he/she thinks they are getting. Rant over
SMOKE THIS!!

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 06:30:37 AM »
I might take some heat for saying this....but am I wrong to think that Weber needs to drop the gimmicks and get back to their roots of building solid kettles with welds and wood handles. I honestly would NEVER buy a new kettle off of the shelf today and think that the average consumer that does isn't really getting what he/she thinks they are getting. Rant over

What does that have to do with this WSM? This thing is painted/vinyl decal covered. It didn't come from Weber that way.
Growing family = growing kettles!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 09:38:27 AM »
I think what Cochise is saying is that the Minions tie-in represents gimmickry and so does bolted-on handles and I well, plastic handles. I agree those have been topics better discussed elsewhere.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 09:55:58 AM »
Lol! Looks like a decent job. Very glossy. I would prefer an R2D2 but whatever...

How would you get the coals started?
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »

The weld on one side of my lid handle gave out on my last night cooking up some shrimp and scallops....wasn't a hot cook.  My previous cook was super hot so that might have been the culprit.  It could have also been rust related as there is some rust around the lid handle.  I have a feeling with some of these new aftermarket accessories that can get kettles so hot, they decided to go with bolts so that they aren't constantly replacing lids where high temp cooks have caused the handle welds to fail. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 12:49:45 PM »
i want that. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25:50 AM »

What does that have to do with this WSM? This thing is painted/vinyl decal covered. It didn't come from Weber that way.

How do I know its not from the factory? The photo was taken at the end cap of a Home Depot BBQ aisle.....what was I supposed to think???
Also, I would say that seeing a Disney cartoon character WSM is the perfect reason to call Weber out on selling out.
SMOKE THIS!!

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 05:35:04 AM »
Please swap NBC for Disney.... sorry I mixed up my elite corporate pricks.
SMOKE THIS!!