Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Backyard Organization  (Read 6060 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: Backyard Organization
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 11:53:18 AM »
Holdon...only 3 and looking to get organized??? Hmmm
Makes me wonder about the fleet of performers i had before i started my culling process. 

What will your wife says when you hit double digits?
Grills

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »
That's a fair point.  I guess it isn't the quantity of grills that's the problem as much as it is the practical space I have available.  I'll take some functional pictures to make the point more clear.  I might be close to as good as I can get as it is, but figured you guys would have some methods since everyone else have 10 grills!

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 12:09:34 PM »
Keep in mind.  I don't think I'm in a hopeless scenario.  I just think I'd like to optimize the space.  I'm going to replace those rubbermaid containers in the spring already.  Maybe it's just a matter of rotating the grills until I'm able to expand the patio.  I'm trying to keep a path open for the pup...

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
what about one of those sheds from lowes/home depot that you put together yourself?
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »
I don't see the grills impeding the path from the slider door, so what's the issue for the pooch?

Regardless, what about this: Performer where the yellow toter is, under the light fixture. And gasser to its right such that the two form an L shape. Table/seating all moves to the opposite end where grills currently are.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 01:53:25 PM »
The pup issue is just to keep that path open under the trees so he can run out his horrible puppy energy.

I've thought about moving things around like you suggested.  I just need to think about extending the patio over to that edge and then I can easily move the grills around.  I'm sort of particular about organization although you can't tell from the look of my yard at the moment.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 06:15:39 AM »
Bingo...my suggestion..expand your pavers...

Its really simple...just try to think about where to reuse the dirt you dig out...

The most time consumming part of pavers is picking through all the chipped stones at hdepot
Grills

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »
Bingo...my suggestion..expand your pavers...

Its really simple...just try to think about where to reuse the dirt you dig out...

The most time consumming part of pavers is picking through all the chipped stones at hdepot

Point taken. Pavers expanded. 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »
Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 05:44:15 PM »
Now you need more kettles. Looks too empty.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
   I live in the big bad city so they stay tucked inside or they would grow feet.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 05:08:22 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Yankee

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »
Not visible in picture - a Primo Oval XL on the other side of the deck that doesn't have the hinge attached and so it not in use ..and down in the barn there, I've got a Lodge Sportsman's Grill which I'll be bringing back up to our camper come the end of April.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 08:35:24 PM »
I have all of my regularly used cookers on the small back patio out back (except my offset) and the rest of my kettles are stretched down the side of the house. We are planning on hiring someone in 2016 to work with us to layout our small backyard to optimize the space for cooking and gathering with friends while still setting aside some space for the family tortoise.

Well, thanks to an unexpected tax day surprise we won't be having someone build up an area of our backyard, so it looks like this will be it for a while.

and there are more waiting in the wings.

and it turns out these don't include the two WSMs or the gas kettle I picked up recently.... but hey I've proven I can let some go, the Genesis now has a new home where it will be restored to its former glory.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ