Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Spice Rack?  (Read 5518 times)

PeepSlayer

• Happy Cooker
Weber Kettle Spice Rack?
« on: December 01, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »
Hello all. I just posted an introduction, but I can tell already that I'm going to spend way too much time on here!

A buddy of mine bought a 22" kettle this weekend at a yard sale, and found this inside. We found were a guy is selling one on Ebay, but he doesn't really provide much info about it. It fits the 22" and 18".

Is it for spices or something else?

Was it made by Weber?

Approximately what era would it be from?

It's very cool either way, we were just curious if anyone might know something about them.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Weber Kettle Spice Rack?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:44:23 PM »
I think I saw the kettle on CL or Offerup and wanted it more for the condiment holder than the kettle itself.  The kettle did appear to be in great shape but I am running out of room so I passed.  Those conidment holders are somewhat hard to come by and as you can see from this ebay listing they can fetch a really nice price if they are in goood shape, especially if they are new in the box (NIB).

Looking at the Amazon listing for the condiment holder, it looks like it was discontinued in 2006.

So that was a double score getting a nice MBH (metal body handle) and a condiment holder at the same time!  If your buddy decided he doesn't want the condiment holder be sure to offer it up on this forum first.  I think there are a lot of people here who would love to have that thing!

By the way, what letter is stamped in the middle of the lid vent?  (so we can determine the age of the kettle)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:45:58 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
Based on the reviews, it seemed everyone who got one really liked it. Guess just not enough got one.

What a shame.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

PeepSlayer

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'll contact him and get the letter code on the kettle.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:48:17 PM »
Anyone know if you can hang the weber tool rack from the condiment rack?  I know my tools get pretty damn hot sometimes hanging right next to the kettle!

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »
Anyone know if you can hang the weber tool rack from the condiment rack?  I know my tools get pretty damn hot sometimes hanging right next to the kettle!

I wouldn't. I just tie a small strip of leather in a loop, to give a little space from the grill. I also position the tool holder toward what is usually the cool side of the grill.
Still need a 22” yellow

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
@TheDude - I figured that would probably fix it.  Time to chop up my girlfriends leather coat!!!  All in the name of Weber!  Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »
Condiment rack. Made from the late 1970s through 2006. They are pretty sweet!

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »

Don't hang these tools on that tool holder. I did and was sad shortly later lol.  http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6645-Original-Portable-Stainless/dp/B005LR3BB2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449075368&sr=8-2&keywords=weber+utensils

PeepSlayer

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 08:08:11 AM »
I think I saw the kettle on CL or Offerup and wanted it more for the condiment holder than the kettle itself.  The kettle did appear to be in great shape but I am running out of room so I passed.  Those conidment holders are somewhat hard to come by and as you can see from this ebay listing they can fetch a really nice price if they are in goood shape, especially if they are new in the box (NIB).

Looking at the Amazon listing for the condiment holder, it looks like it was discontinued in 2006.

So that was a double score getting a nice MBH (metal body handle) and a condiment holder at the same time!  If your buddy decided he doesn't want the condiment holder be sure to offer it up on this forum first.  I think there are a lot of people here who would love to have that thing!

By the way, what letter is stamped in the middle of the lid vent? (so we can determine the age of the kettle)

The kettle the rack was in is date coded to 1989. The metal handle one in the photos is one he's had for a while. It has the patent number on the vent, but no date code. That should make that one mid to late 1970's, correct?

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:20 AM »
Patent on vent but no date code could also be early seventies.  I think the next indicators are the wheels, the size of the tab vents, and whether Weber is engraved or not.  @Craig is the expert.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

mcgee10

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
Forum members if the rack is something you want I'm pretty sure I have one of them. And just recently I was looking for a part and another member here is sending me that part for free. So to honor him and this forum if I have it. It will be free to anyone that wants it.

mcgee10

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 07:37:22 AM »
WOW never thought there would be this much interest in my in box I have 3 messages and one of you will get it. I have not looked for it yet but others in my house have seen it around so I'll find it and we'll figure out which one of you get it.