Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Member with New (Old) Performer  (Read 5550 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: New Member with New (Old) Performer
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
Nice find!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:42 AM »
That's true.  I'm in perenially drought-stricken Los Angeles, so moisture isn't usually a concern here.  I think I'd be okay leaving it outside with a cover.  But perhaps there's another non-wood mod that would work.  I just don't like the plastic table top as is.  It occurred to me that I might be able to use tile or get an appropriately-sized piece of cut stone (marble? granite? slate?) from one of the local stoneyards.  Might be much too heavy, or maybe just wouldn't look right -- too fancypants?  I do like the ease and feel of a tile or stone work surface though ... 

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
The new style metal performer table would look slick. I think it fits. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in. @SixZeroFour maybe?
Still need a 22” yellow

SixZeroFour

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
Yes it should fit on any post SS performer [emoji106]

I was skeptical of spending the $ to upgrade but the second you have it in hand its puts all questions to rest. Really solid upgrade to any performer!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 01:05:53 PM »
Would new style metal table also fit on my Platinum?  Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I can't find much online telling the differences between the Performer and the Platinum -- I can see the shorter frame on my Platinum but haven't seen enough Performerd on the hoof to tell what other differences there might also be.

Is the new metal table stable and sturdy? 

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 01:16:14 PM »
We are talking about your platinum. :)
Still need a 22” yellow

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
Yes I know ;-).  But SixZeroFour said "Yes it should fit on any post SS performer," so once again I got confuzzled. 

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 03:45:02 PM »
"SS performer" is a reference to the older Gas Start Performers that had the square tube frames
and a stainless steel table top also referred to as a gen 1 performer.
The history of the Performer is here http://weberkettleclub.com/grills/weber-performer-history/
And welcome to the Performer family ;)
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 04:11:02 PM »
Yes I know ;-).  But SixZeroFour said "Yes it should fit on any post SS performer," so once again I got confuzzled.

He means any performer after the SS was retired. It should fit a platinum just fine.
Still need a 22” yellow

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »
Okay now I'm back to my original confusion.  Didn't I learn in this very thread that mine is a Platinum, "not a Performer?"  (See replies # 7 and 9 -- not naming names, but ...)

Enlighten me -- what's the relationship and differences between Performers and Platinums?  This is officially A Cry For Help.
;-)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 05:54:02 PM »
Performers have "at least" a charcoal bins. Most have a gas assist, to start the coals. The platinum that you have is a "step under", but less common. The tables are interchangeable, but the carts are very different.
Still need a 22” yellow

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »
You will see all the different performers here http://weberkettleclub.com/grills/weber-performer-history/ but you will not see your grill.
Still need a 22” yellow

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Okay now I'm back to my original confusion.  Didn't I learn in this very thread that mine is a Platinum, "not a Performer?"  (See replies # 7 and 9 -- not naming names, but ...)

Enlighten me -- what's the relationship and differences between Performers and Platinums?  This is officially A Cry For Help.
;-)
You have a Platinum as you have noticed the Performer (post SS) are longer and have charcoal buckets plus front and rear plates.
Performer:

Platinum:
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
Nice side by side Ron. And jealous of both rigs.
Still need a 22” yellow

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »
Performers have "at least" a charcoal bins. Most have a gas assist, to start the coals. The platinum that you have is a "step under", but less common. The tables are interchangeable, but the carts are very different.
I think you are right as the table on my Platinum has a plug in another place for different mounting points.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......