Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is this a sequoia?  (Read 5639 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Is this a sequoia?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 05:35:16 AM »
Are there doors on both sides ?  If not, were there left and right handed models ? 

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 05:38:44 AM »

Are there doors on both sides ?  If not, were there left and right handed models ?

There's doors on both sides to access the ash pan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
Learning that sequoias open on both sides confirm that this is a well done homemade cart I think. I picked up the cart this morning

The cart has a metal surround for the kettle but a full shelf with a built in box to hold the ash pan

The kettle is from a cart of some sort and is in really good condition with just a few scratches.

The grates were clean too.

The lid is in good condition with just minor wear.  The handle needs a little adjustment, and I'd take any suggestions on how to straighten it.

Next to my 18" redhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 10:33:19 AM »
I think it's a great addition.  Who knows maybe the original owner did some quality modifications right out of the box. Either way it's a great BBQ-cart combo that I would not hesitate to call a sequoia.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »

Learning that sequoias open on both sides confirm that this is a well done homemade cart I think. I picked up the cart this morning

The cart has a metal surround for the kettle but a full shelf with a built in box to hold the ash pan

The kettle is from a cart of some sort and is in really good condition with just a few scratches.

The grates were clean too.

The lid is in good condition with just minor wear.  The handle needs a little adjustment, and I'd take any suggestions on how to straighten it.

Next to my 18" redhead.

Congratulations that's a beautiful grill

And

You got the most important part, The bowl !  It's as fine a replica as most of us have seen . The metal stripping is nice to get also.

Any back story on it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

SixZeroFour

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 10:48:39 AM »
Man, someone put a LOT of time into that cart. All beveled edges, metal flashing at the ring - VERY nice!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 12:28:33 PM »
The only back story I got was the wife's father was a woodworker and that since he passed it hasn't seen any use. I told them it would be in good hands and the wife said she knew her father would be pleased.

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 02:56:22 PM »
It's an excellent homage to a Sequoia, congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

zorknards2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »
i might have to take a drive up there to get measurement one day.
i almost have all my grails but waiting for that yellow to miraculously appear maybe in ny.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2015, 04:12:43 PM »
Does the ring appear to be OEM ?    I'm thinking that maybe the guy had a Sequoia that fell apart on him and he used his mad woodworking skills to cobble together a replacement cart.   That would explain the bowl meant for a cart, the metal ring and most of the hardware (wheels, hinges, handles.)

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »
Not sure if the ring is OEM but I'll take another picture once it cools. My son asked for grilled meatloaf muffins so I cooked those up this morning for a nice lunch. 

Your plate wit quick garlic bread and a garden salad.  Thanks for all the responses.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 01:01:26 AM »
Is the lid dished in by the handle? If so use a rubber mallet on the inside and hammer out the pushed in area to straighten the handle, you may have to tap it slightly on the handle to finish it.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......