Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rookie question  (Read 2500 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rookie question
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 05:48:16 PM »
@Rondo..

If you have ash catcher bar ..you can mod a 7444 ash sweep to work..fun part of removing the old ash sweep...dremel with cutting wheel...or sweating with a small hack saw..good time to buy dremel or rtx black and decker clone.
sounds like you have a hole in the top lid next to handle weld.
you can use a ss nut and washer/fender washer to seal up the hole.
and congrats on joining the ss performer club.
i find the non gas assist are more rare finds.
You may find that your bottom frame cross members are about the fall out from rusted star nuts...easily repaired.
Grills

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
Congrats on your new Performer, i have a non gas assist Performer also.  Sounds like you have a good course of action on restoring your new grill, if you do want to switch out bowls just find a Platinum bowl and lid and swap them out.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »
The motto herein bespokes: "Rescue, RESTORE, Respect"  ...  That being said, @zavod44  can supply you with the "strange" shaped rusty thingy (as well as beautiful handles) that holds the as-issued ash bowl holder in place.  Several members here can help with the 7409 ash sweep assembly.  And "Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt", your SS is in business.

However, you may just have the urge to "get'r done",  YMMV.    SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 05:34:56 AM »
Did you snatch that SS from hillsboro? I had seen that and was gonna take a peek at it a while back. I was traveling back from Austin and construction traffic on 35 had me in a violent state of mind. I was in no mood for anything other than getting home.

...and before I catch grief for not observing RRR.. I already had a blue mastertouch in the back of my MINI. No space for a SS
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.