Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2015 Lid Bale on SS Perf  (Read 13835 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Re: 2015 Lid Bale on SS Perf
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:47 PM »
Great. Thanks for the info!

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »
Forgive my ignorance... seeing that this works on the SS Performers... would it also work on the thermoset performers... or are they different and this discussion only hold true for SS?

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 02:16:03 PM »
Jeep, same thing for the later, non SS. The kettles are the same.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
Thanks... I have been going back and forth on upgrading my table vs ordering a Copper... Now think my mind is made up... order copper... upgrade current and move it down to the office.

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

jmbaute

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 05:27:11 AM »
Just ordered the parts, I was worried they'd hassle me about not having a current model but she didn't say anything. I tried to be vague and just order by the part number shown in the first post. Thanks so much for posting that part number. I recently had a custom cover sewn for my modified performer table, hoping it will still fit. Luckily I planned for the possibility of the new bale when taking measurements.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:31 AM »
I recently had a custom cover sewn for my modified performer table, hoping it will still fit. Luckily I planned for the possibility of the new bale when taking measurements.

I think the new bale is two inches longer. I'd cut a new cover three inches longer to make it a little easier to get on and off.

Who made your cover, and are you happy with it?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:08:05 AM by ClubChapin »

jmbaute

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 06:15:09 AM »
My cover came from

www.grillwraps.com

It is made of sunbrella fabric and should be very durable - tens of years vs the 3-4 of a vinyl cover. Of course, I happened to pick a special order fabric so it took a while to get made and it was expensive. But, I have a -highly- modified table for my performer and it took a lot of fabric (see my post history for pics). I also had some zippers put in for easy on/off.  You probably can't compare my cover to what a cover for a regular SS performer would cost. But, these folks were super to work with and the quality of work is very high. If you're willing to spend a little $$ on a cover that should last a very long time, I'd recommend having them give you a quote. Perhaps with stock fabric and no zippers it would be more reasonable for a regular performer. Who knows, maybe they'd do a group order.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2015, 06:19:22 AM »
Thank you @ClubChapin.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 10:03:37 AM »
Just put my new lid bale on my C/B performer and it fit perfectly.  Took about 10 minutes for removal and reinstall of the new.  Thank you @ClubChapin !!!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2015, 10:13:49 AM »
Major improvement. Thanks, CC.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »
No worries, glad to hear it is working well.

Has everyone been able to order them ok?  Have there been any hassles or denials in ordering these?

Milt

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 09:22:47 AM »
Just ordered 65188 from Weber this morning.
I ordered a couple parts for my WSM and just gave her the part no for the bale assembly.
No issues.
Checked the order online and sure enough the correct part number.
Thanks for the find on this.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »
Not having the cover fit is a non-starter for me, as much as I like the idea of the new bale.

For Bisbee I did the following.  Gets the Lid completely out of the way without modifying the bale.  Cover still fits.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Milt

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »
Elegant. Effective. Economical.

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 05:51:41 AM »
My cover came from

www.grillwraps.com

It is made of sunbrella fabric and should be very durable - tens of years vs the 3-4 of a vinyl cover. Of course, I happened to pick a special order fabric so it took a while to get made and it was expensive. But, I have a -highly- modified table for my performer and it took a lot of fabric (see my post history for pics). I also had some zippers put in for easy on/off.  You probably can't compare my cover to what a cover for a regular SS performer would cost. But, these folks were super to work with and the quality of work is very high. If you're willing to spend a little $$ on a cover that should last a very long time, I'd recommend having them give you a quote. Perhaps with stock fabric and no zippers it would be more reasonable for a regular performer. Who knows, maybe they'd do a group order.

Do you have any pictures of your custom ordered Performer cover?

Thanks,

Robert