Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Might be a good score???  (Read 3326 times)

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
Might be a good score???
« on: May 01, 2015, 06:07:43 AM »
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/gms/5004039452.html

I'm going to go check it out on my lunch break... It's a redhead but I can't even tell for sure what size or model...  My co-workers are laughing at me for being such a hound to pick it out of the photo like that.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: Might be a good score???
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:23:16 AM »
 I love it when people open their home to strangers that wana rifle through their schitt.

Id be on that kettle like stink on pink.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 06:23:38 AM »
Looks like its a 22" based on vent location. Can not tell if there is an ash pan there. If you zoom in it gets too pixelated to recognize anything.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
Yeah, I'm kind of excited about it.  Looks to be in decent shape, based solely on that pic, of course.  I'll find out in about an hour or so....

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 06:48:52 AM »
I spy with my little eye.. a redhead...

Good luck..let us know how it turns out!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 06:55:53 AM »
GL, show pics when you get it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »
Imma guess a red 26.

That thing has some ride height.
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 07:08:46 AM »
Imma guess a red 26.

I'm glad you said that... It really seemed to me that it could be a 26.  But, I thought that could just be wishful thinking on my part. lol. 

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:06 AM »
Get that thing :)

" Esto Perpertua "
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »
Imma guess a red 26.

I'm glad you said that... It really seemed to me that it could be a 26.  But, I thought that could just be wishful thinking on my part. lol.

OK......speculating will get you nowhere....either will standin' around talkin' to us.....

Yer name's mike LUCKY fer cryin' out loud !!!

This IS the prime directive !

"Get it already
      Get on that shit
      Won't take no for an answer
      I'm feelin fruity"

~>  Golly
      February 17, 2013

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »
Well, I'm not as lucky as I'd hoped. Lol

22in "H" that needs A LOT of work.  He only asked $25 for it, but I don't know if I can bring home a restoration project. Wife might cut me off.

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »
offer him 5... spend 20 on flowers...

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »
That one's taken a few hits for sure. Not taken care of but certainly could be brought back to respectable. Bet he'd take less than $25. Take Jeep's advice.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »

-Jeep

Good advice.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »

-Jeep

Lol.  I love it.

I got the guy's phone number and I'm going to think about it.  He talked to me a bit and you could tell he loved his Weber.  He said they bought it about 10 years ago (used) and they used it as their one and only grill until the ash sweeper rusted out and fell off.  Then he found a OTG mispriced at a hardware store for $39 and bought that.  He said he wished the new one had wood handles too because they didn't get as hot as the newer thermo handles. 

I'm still thinking about whether or not I'm going to do something with it.  In the meantime, to cheer me up, I went to Ace Hardware and bought this for my Father's Day/Birthday gift from my wife and kids.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29747826

They were one of two stores in the entire OKC metro that showed any availability of the crimson...  This store had ONE and they even asked if I could pick it up later because it was going to take them a little while to get it out of their stock room.  I got him to drop $50 off the price for me.

This Genesis will finally be with it's life partner... my crimson Performer I got last year for my birthday.  Makes me one happy camper.  If this kettle at the garage sale had been a 26" I'd be in damn near nirvana...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:54:03 AM by MikeLucky »