Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My friends were concerned that intervention might be necessary  (Read 3676 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
My friends were concerned that intervention might be necessary
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
I found the Weber Kettle Club last winter while researching a kettle that I had found abandoned in the woods earlier in the fall before leaving Minnesota for the season (see here: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/twist-on-ash-pans/msg91879/#msg91879). Before discovering the WKC I had a relatively normal life. In just those few short months before returning to MN in April something happened. In looking back I guess I can understand why my family and friends were concerned, when we arrived home, that some sort of intervention might be in order.

Here is a photo of the pickup we towed home - before unloading and after. Yes, all that stuff was in the pickup. Fourteen grills (including a WSM 22, a green SS Performer, and a cute little brown 18 from WKC member Saxart in Hudson, WI), two bicycles, a water softening unit, and more.

I'm trying not to let it happen again this winter.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

Craig

• WKC Mod
My friends were concerned that intervention might be necessary
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »
This only reminds me that I am further away from an intervention with my own family. Very nice haul!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:40:23 PM by Craig »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: My friends were concerned that intervention might be necessary
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 06:27:50 AM »
Just so long as they don't intervene and want one or more of those Kettles. Beauty haul you have there. How long did it take to assemble it?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »
Before discovering the WKC I had a relatively normal life.

I think we all get this part.....   ;)
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 07:27:20 AM »
Awesome collection. Would have like to see pictures loaded inside the truck bed.

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »
Nicely done on the collection so quickly to get all of them......
I would have liked to have seen how you packed that truck like Argentflame said.....
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »
Give in now there is no cure! Lol!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:41:49 AM by 1911Ron »
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
... Would have like to see pictures loaded inside the truck bed.

I didn't take any photos of the inside. It was packed so tightly that you really couldn't see much anyway. Bowls, lids, and rings were nested, with foam pipe insulation tubes slipped over the rims to keep the metal from touching. I have a angle-iron framed shelf inside the topper (or 'shell' to some of you) that basically rests level to the top of the box and covers the front 2/3 of the box. Some of the nested stacks of kettles were under the shelf and some - mostly lids, were on top of the shelf. Multiple grates and ash pans and wheels, etc. were tucked under the bottom kettle of each stack. Triangles were sandwiched b/w pcs of cardboard and the whole bunch taped together. Legs all bundled together. All pcs were marked with a tag to ensure they went back together to the correct kettle. The back seat folds up so there is a lot of room there, too. Most of the pcs of the WSM went in the back seat. The Performer frame and ladder were strapped to the roof rack. It was like putting together a giant puzzle.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

Chuck

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
Just remember, if an intervention happens feed them tasty grilled meats and veggies while they are telling you what your problem is...
This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »
Just remember, if an intervention happens feed them tasty grilled meats and veggies while they are telling you what your problem is...

LOL,  I don't see a problem.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »

LOL,  I don't see a problem.  That's a Sweet chair.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »
holy crap dale! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.