Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer SS Upgraded to Touch and Go and Electroni Ignition  (Read 1685 times)

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
Performer SS Upgraded to Touch and Go and Electroni Ignition
« on: December 09, 2014, 05:58:39 AM »
I received a Performer SS when I graduated from college from one of my friends who worked in a bbq store. What an awesome friend, right?? I used it for almost 15 years and it was in pretty bad shape. I scored an incredible deal on a 2015 Performer bowl and lid, and took all the parts over to my dad's house and gave him his early Christmas present! He is a retired mechanical engineer, and here is what he came up with:

And for the old Performer SS bowl and another lid I had laying around (original black lid was damaged), plus a Performer Platinum plastic table, he threw this together. I will get him a new ash catcher, but I figured this one can be used for high heat pizzas. My apologies for the bad picture quality:

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer SS Upgraded to Touch and Go and Electroni Ignition
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 06:52:21 AM »
Nice!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »
cool

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »
Looks damn awesome!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
Love it.
May The Smoke Be With You!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
Love all the permutations here. What a great system of parts Weber uses. Pretty much every other grill company prefers to make it as many complicated, needless incompatible changes as they can.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch