Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Mangal Grill Set  (Read 7381 times)

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
Weber Mangal Grill Set
« on: November 23, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »
I've seen this accessory on this site before, but look what Santa delivered early!

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Weber Mangal Grill Set
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
Man that thing is freaking sweeet!!
What country are you in?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
Want one in the worst way! Very nice!!!

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »
Welcome to the club @Kettle Karl . Yes Where did you find this Mangal grill. It's awesome.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:08:05 AM by argentflame »

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
Searched Google and found a handful of sites that carry it but they all appear to be in Europe.

With the number of members on this site seeking non US items I wonder if we couldn't arrange a large order and have crate shipped over here. With enough items perhaps the shipping costs could be spread out enough to make it feasible to ship some of these items here.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 10:30:38 AM »
That is really cool!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:41:04 AM »
That is really cool!

times 2....that's one sweet rig there Karl.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

mwmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
on a metal table performer no less....
Need a mangal now.
22.5 WSM AH; RedSSP EE; Redhead EE; 26"C; 26" DE; WGA;Black MBH B; Outrider N.

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
What country are you in?
I'm in Capistrano Beach not too far from you!

Like many of you here, I got sick and tired of seeing these incredible accessories and grills that Weber makes that are only available in other countries. So, I ordered a bunch of items from Spain and got hosed on the shipping costs (around $55 for the Mangal Grill, warming rack, and some other small items). At least there was no tax, so I was willing to pay the extra money to get these things. Just like I had to pay out the nose to have a Weber Charcoal Pizza grill FedEx'd from Wisconsin to California. I will say that the Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven exceeded my expectations, and from an engineering standpoint, is a much better design than any aftermarket pizza accessories (I don't want to mention any names!) I've seen.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
What country are you in?

Like many of you here, I got sick and tired of seeing these incredible accessories and grills that Weber makes that are only available in other countries. So, I ordered a bunch of items from Spain and got hosed on the shipping costs (around $55 for the Mangal Grill, warming rack, and some other small items). At least there was no tax, so I was willing to pay the extra money to get these things. Just like I had to pay out the nose to have a Weber Charcoal Pizza grill FedEx'd from Wisconsin to California. I will say that the Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven exceeded my expectations, and from an engineering standpoint, is a much better design than any aftermarket pizza accessories (I don't want to mention any names!) I've seen.

Oh dude that is badass!

I was at capo VW 3 times this week.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
What country are you in?

Thanks for sharing! I've seen this in catalogs for a while but this might be the first one i've seen in the wild. Any meat pics? How would you rate the quality on the metal?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
Very nice. Very nice indeed. Did you say $55 shipping for that mangal set, warming rack, and some other items?
That seems pretty far from hosed to me. :)
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »
How much was that Mangal Grill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »
What country are you in?

Thanks for sharing! I've seen this in catalogs for a while but this might be the first one i've seen in the wild. Any meat pics? How would you rate the quality on the metal?

I'll be posting some meat pics soon, as I plan on using this thing tonight.

The quality of the metal is outstanding. It stainless steel that came covered in plastic wrap to prevent scratching. The hardware was stainless as well, and more robust that the hardware for any of my grills, smokers, fireplace, etc. That was the first thing I noticed because when the first thing I do when I buy anything these days, is toss the OEM hardware and go get all stainless steel made in USA. Didn't have to with this grill set.

The most impressive thing to me is the engineering (maybe because that's my trade!), but you can see where the skewers are twisted at the end. This allows you to rotate the skewer in any direction and it stays. You can rotate an 1/8th of a turn and no problem staying still. The only thing I found a little surprising is that the lid bale bolts prevent the ring from seating 100% on the bale side of the bowl. It's not enough to make a difference in cooking, but I was a little surprise by that. I may take my dremel and fix this. I would have to notch for 1/4" slots since my 2015 Performer Deluxe has the newer bale with the bolts in a slightly different location than my 2014 and 1999 Performers.

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »
Awesome setup!!
I agree with you on those skewers, the twisted ends are an awesome idea for rotating them 360 on the grill.
You can find them here if you need more
http://stainlessmasterpiece.com/stainless-steel-skewers-cat/