Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The 2015 Performer  (Read 6234 times)

GregS

• WKC Performer
The 2015 Performer
« on: September 19, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »
http://s182.photobucket.com/user/gregs1020/library/2015%20Performer?sort=3&page=1  that's just shy of 50 pics in the bucket for your review.  if there is something you want to see that i missed, post up your question and i'll do my best.  i have my son this weekend so i'll be limited to how much i can be on. 

the finish seems thicker than my 2014 copper.  the 2014 seems like it's barely got enough paint to cover the kettle, this one looks like a thicker paintjob.

i think that's the one a lot of people want to see most.  ;)

i think this is the one people want to see least.   :o

many more in the bucket. 

overspray?

table surface. 

odd finish flaw. 
seems to have been sprayed over from the factory. 

it's dirty, i haven't cleaned it up at all.  it seems used a couple times but the grates are new.  no flip sides on this one so maybe they just chucked a new 22.5 grate on it? 

it's been speculated here that this was in the photoshoot for the 2015 models.  who knows for sure but it's likely imo. 

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/i-thought-these-had-plastic-table-tops/

gotta run but i wanted to get this posted for you guys to check out.

was ridiculously cheap on craigslist in a no pic ad.  the listing was for $180 but, well, that's just not how you craigslist. ;)

I only use kettles with lid bales.

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
Re: The 2015 Performer
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:53:05 PM »
Amazon has it on the website already but list it as temporarily out of stock just like the new master touch

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-15502001-Performer-Charcoal-22-Inch/dp/B00N634VD0/ref=sr_1_19?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1411177554&sr=1-19&keywords=weber+performer

you really got a deal there I like they are going back to a metal table and the lid doesn't hang over the grate when in the bale.  That is the only point of aggravation I have sometimes when using my performer.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
GregS, you have been cleaning house down there in Chicago!  Beautiful score. I love the new lid bale system!  That is the biggest improvement. The metal tabletop is definitely a welcome change too. Atleast I now have option when my red SS performer cart rusts beyond repair & restore. I personally think my red SS would look really sharp on that new frame and dark color metal tabletop. I will be ordering 2 lid bale system to swap out my MT and SS performer when those parts become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 07:08:16 PM »
I'm going to upfit my Performers with the new lid bale system also.   Sick of setting the lid on the ground.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
Can you explain the ash bucket?  Does it slide to lock or is it a compression fit?

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 08:09:55 PM »
you really got a deal there I like they are going back to a metal table and the lid doesn't hang over the grate when in the bale.  That is the only point of aggravation I have sometimes when using my performer.
i always ask the no pic ads what color the kettle is just to see.  the return email with the pics had me mega confused so i made that thread in the trading post asking about the metal surface on this version. if it wasn't for the regulars here i probably wouldn't have given it a second look.  so i have the WKC guys to thank.   
GregS, you have been cleaning house down there in Chicago!  Beautiful score. I love the new lid bale system!  That is the biggest improvement. The metal tabletop is definitely a welcome change too. Atleast I now have option when my red SS performer cart rusts beyond repair & restore. I personally think my red SS would look really sharp on that new frame and dark color metal tabletop. I will be ordering 2 lid bale system to swap out my MT and SS performer when those parts become available.
i've been on a spree for sure.  i got back into having a weber kettle after about 10 years of not being able to because of condominium rules.  so i went with a Q during that time.  still have the Q but it doesn't see much action. 

i think a lot of folks will be ordering the new bale set up.  it gets the lid far enough out of the way with i think is most people's beef with them.  the table top def looks good and feels thick.  i don't think anyone won't like it to be honest. 
I'm going to upfit my Performers with the new lid bale system also.   Sick of setting the lid on the ground.
i probably will too on my perfs and MT.  it's just a better system. 
Can you explain the ash bucket?  Does it slide to lock or is it a compression fit?
it has two tabs that you slide in to a channel, one on each side towards the back.  then you squeeze the handle so you can push it up into the channel that faces you.

honestly, i don't like it.  for whatever reason i miss the channel with the tab on the right and it almost falls.  it could be i'm just not used to it but i think i like the old version better.  i've never missed with my '14 OTG. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:11:49 PM by GregS »

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 03:19:39 AM »
i like the old version better.  i've never missed with my '14 OTG

Agreed.  The newer style ring present in recent years ('13/'14) seemed to work flawlessly.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »

i like the old version better.  i've never missed with my '14 OTG

Agreed.  The newer style ring present in recent years ('13/'14) seemed to work flawlessly.

I wonder what possessed Weber to change it?

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
Thanks for the write up and as i had hoped the lid bail is bigger.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »
^ hey ron, glad to have helped. 

can anyone confirm, is it common for the previous version of this with the plastic table to have overspray on the mounts like this one does?

also in general, does the lack of a serial number indicate that it was never meant for sale? 

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 08:41:55 PM »
My red SS has over spray on the mounting tabs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 06:14:21 AM »
Anyone notice the lid vent has been relocated?

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 06:17:02 AM »
i did when i got it.  here's a pic in case people don't realize there's a bucket with 50 some pics at the start of my post.

i think i would prefer the old location because i want to keep the vent over the food, and the thermo could stick into the chicken when i use the leg hanger.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:19:17 AM by GregS »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 06:21:42 AM »
i did when i got it.  here's a pic in case people don't realize there's a bucket with 50 some pics at the start of my post.

i think i would prefer the old location because i want to keep the vent over the food, and the thermo could stick into the chicken when i use the leg hanger.

Interesting. Visually I don't mind the change of location but it's weird to have to walk around the grill or reach all the way over to move the vent. Is it just me or is your thermometer off center?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:24:38 AM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 06:39:36 AM »
"but it's weird to have to walk around the grill or reach all the way over to move the vent"

Lawrence, you shouldn't be noodling with your vent anyway....see bottom of Pg. 2

(photo courtesy BBQ Miller)

@pbe gummi bear
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"