Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The 2015 Performer  (Read 6231 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: The 2015 Performer
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:29 AM »
Excellent post Greg! and very interesting little detail changes for sure.

I really like the new lid bale....

Anyone spot the rounded off cooking grate handles? I believe that's new as well, no?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 06:46:25 AM »

Anyone spot the rounded off cooking grate handles? I believe that's new as well, no?

Non hinged grate? The plot thickens...
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 08:23:10 AM »
Is it just me or is your thermometer off center?
i think it's the angle of the pic, angle of the lid, photo taken from off center etc. 

also no whining allowed.   i haven't cleaned it up yet.  <---- stated in OP.  ;)

I only use kettles with lid bales.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 08:29:42 AM »
Non hinged grate? The plot thickens...

i suspect that's due to it being replaced by the seller before i got it.

the grill has been used, barely.  see the top vent discoloration.  but both the grates have not. see images. 

so i think someone (seller, potentially an employee or marketing firm guy, or photog, or ???) swapped those before selling it on craigslist.

the more to the story.   a teen listed it, communicated with me via email, and met me on the driveway.  his "mom" was inside and he had to run back in and out a couple times asking questions.  finally i just said "i'll quit asking questions and let's load this pig".

he said his "dad" got it, and had another grill to sell that was black.  i asked if it was the same model remembering the photoshoot images and he said it wasn't.  i asked if it had the bailer, thinking '15 MT, but he said he couldn't remember.

i told him, i buy these things, i'll be your best customer.  we've been in email contact since but he said he doesn't have any more now.  maybe the fam decided to keep them until the new models are released in case they could get some heat from the situation seeing as i'm posting images of them online that will come up in a quick google search. 

do i care?  sorta, wouldn't want to hurt a potential supply line.  but...  their choices and consequences there of are their dilemma to deal with.  i think helping the forum see the new stuff early will help people make buying decisions now and next year.  i'm here for the team. 

thanks six.  :cheers:  can we get a cheers emote?  :@
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:33:38 AM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.