Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Teaser  (Read 8452 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: Teaser
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:04 AM »
We need pics ASAP !!!!!
Us Aussies will be heading to bed in a couple of hours
And you don't want to be keeping the Antipodean Grillfellas awake!!!
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
Whatever it is, it sure looks exciting!!!

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 04:23:55 AM »

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »
Okay so I am sure the suspense is getting to everyone. So with that I give you my greatest find so far.

I seen this much the same way as I did my recent red mbh, driving home but I decided to take a different route home because I wanted to get a soda from the convince store. I seen it and immediately turned into the neighborhood and parked.

After parking I walked over to the house it was sitting just outside their carport. I walked by 3 or 4 times can't really remember for sure as I was so excited.  I went to the convince store used the atm to withdraw money so I could offer it for the little gem, completely forgot my soda! Texted another forum member about it and my girlfriend (she has wanted me to get one of these since I first showed her some of the pics of them on here). Went home grab a new never used sjs and a roached out 22.5 ots for trade bait.
When ariving at the location of the little gem I knocked on the door and no answer.  As I was walking away someone came out a side door on the house. I rushed over to them very excitedly. Which in hindsight was probably not a good thing. You see I was in pretty dirty and beat up clothes and haven't shaved in about a week and half and to add to that I open carry. Also kinda of a rough down on its luck neighborhood.  The woman backed up pretty quick ready to retreat into the house. I asked her if I could have a moment of her time as I was interested in something just outside her carport and I began to walk that direction.  She followed cautiously behind me. When I stood over the little gem (my nickname for it) explained my intrest in it.

She went on to tell me it was her mothers and that she would return around 4:15 that afternoon.  I told her I would return.

So 4:30 I pull up to the house and there is a woman out in the yard working on gardening.  I approach her this time carry concealed as not to cause any distraction away from what I have to say. I talk with her and she says her duaghter said I had inquired about the grill. Also says "so you like my little boat grill?" Needless to say I surprised she knew what it was. So I said well it will fit in good with my collection of webers and she says "well it isn't a weber." So she kinda knew what it was. She tells me she boight it about 18 years ago at a yard sale and has used it quite a bit.

We talk alittle and a deal is struck and I got it for FREE!! THATS RIGHT FREE WOW! This little gem is only about 1mile from the free red mbh. It is all just amazing to me. Anyways it is at home now and has been taken apart for clean up. I will post more pre cleanup pics later.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
Sweet! Are you pinching yourself to make sure it isn't a dream? Congrats on another successful road hunt!

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 06:16:07 AM »
Sweet! Are you pinching yourself to make sure it isn't a dream? Congrats on another successful road hunt!

Woke up a few times last night in disbelief.  It is pretty crazy! I was just telling the girlfriend the other day that there are probably a few kettles that are grails that I will never have due to the growing awareness of how sought after some of these kettles are. Well in telling her this I listed off the kettles I thought that would elude me. On this list was a galley que and also a kettle of this color. So this is a double score for me. Makes me think and reevaluate my thoughts of  certain grails being out of reach.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 06:33:05 AM »
Super nice score!  A galley!  Wow!   ;D

I figure since I live in a pretty good-sized metro area, I will run into a crazy score like this too one day.

One day... 8)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:27 AM »

that's way outside man....................... 8)

i just knew that was the color....what the heck is a Galley doin' in the desert?

^^^^^Just a Picture I Liked !!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

SixZeroFour

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 06:59:54 AM »
That is a Gem Mikey! What a little piece of art!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 07:05:54 AM »
OMFG.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 07:06:38 AM »
No, seriously.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 07:09:57 AM »
MIKEY YOU RASCAL!!!!

Bring it Monday.  But come armed.   ;D  And more to the point, come with an empty truck .........

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 08:02:52 AM »
MIKEY YOU RASCAL!!!!

Bring it Monday.  But come armed.   ;D  And more to the point, come with an empty truck .........

Already planned on bringing it along for the ride so you could perv it in person.  Trying to get it good and cleaned up this week. I will warn in advance it is pretty rough in some areas, but as I say it is my "little gem".

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
Okay so some of the bad, not that having this kettle in any condition could ever be a bad thing.

It has surface rust in alot of areas with some heavy pitting. The ash catcher must have rusted through at some point and someone repaired it with wire mesh and jb weld. The ash catcher is also very rusted in some areas and paper thin in those spots. There is discoloration that won't come out on it also. The bottom vet and its handle are the same way. Alot of chipping on the lids rim to. All things that to me give it character.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
And the crowd goes freekin wild!!!!!!!! That is badass! You are lovin it for sure, FOR SURE!!   ;D