Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not what I expected...Updated Pictures  (Read 17004 times)

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
Re: Not what I expected...Updated Pictures
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »
AJ....why don't you go make sure your orifices are clear?

Brian

Nuthun worse than a dirty orifice, I always say.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
This grill is so cool! Those grates would take alot of work to make since every length is different

I'm pretty envious that he got it, but I am glad one of US did get it. I'm hoping to take a peek at it since Greg lives only about 10 minutes away. I'm pretty sure if I tell him to "look over there", I could fit it in my CRV quickly enough before he notices ;)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »
This grill is so cool! Those grates would take alot of work to make since every length is different
:)
I'm pretty envious that he got it, but I am glad one of US did get it. I'm hoping to take a peek at it since Greg lives only about 10 minutes away. I'm pretty sure if I tell him to "look over there", I could fit it in my CRV quickly enough before he notices ;)

LOL,  I might be old,  wise and not blind...

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
Does the igniter come apart? In order for it to light, 2 things have to happen.
First, the gas has to flow long enough to ignite.
Second, the igniter needs to be close to the gas..
Not trying to be a smart ass, its been my experinece that sometimes the "spark" isn;t

close enough or strong enough to ignite the gas. Also, the gas needs to flow for a few seconds to get enough to ignite.
I wold still clean all that rust and check the burnr orifices. I would think that this thing can dissassemble fairly easy.

I've neve seen that exact igniter, but I bet something could be adapted.

I still say it was made from leftover parts by one of the plant employees..

I think it will have to be in the indirect mode to ignite. After cleaning I will update.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »
Hey Brian,
Why don't you go blow it out your orrifice! 

Disclaimer:  For those who don't know it, Brian and I are friends.. Not in the "I love ya man" sense, but more of a, "You stay on your side of the country, and I'll stay in beautiful sunny California."
 8)

Click for weather forecast

Listen.... you hippies can have your mediocre weather....It's not like you live in San Diego.  I am very content here in Chicago...the birthplace of Weber.  There is something I like about every season, and just when I start to get sick of it it changes.  Last winter was very mild here....and honestly no joke it was so weird and I really didn't like it.  There was hardly and snow and it sucked...Now I'm sure I could get used to your fog and what not, and I do love seafood...but I'm very content right here

Brian

Oh and as far as loving AJ, I want to fly out and hug him....maybe just a little too long   ;)
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
Me thinks that Brain has been drinking..
You can claim to like the weather changes.. But you  have been brainwashed to think "seasonal"
As for lving near "mecca" the ancoent home of Weber, until you can get intot he vault, you might as well live in Alaska..
The advantage we have in Cali is simple.. We don't need long underwar just to go out and get the paper!
As for that hug.. Well... I'm gonna hold you o that!
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Yeah...some pics of the bottom of the bowl itself, and one of the inside would be good.

I will get those posted tonight from home. Need to upload to photobucket.

Here is the bottom bowl and igniter. I also learned today the grill itself is 1979.
Sorry, I have not had time to clean... Greg

Full cook position.

Indirect cook position.

Igniter.

I was able to look at this grill in more depth today.
I did get it working occasionally with the igniter.
That being said, the igniter actually moves up and down.
I assume this it to get it out of direct heat. It can only be lit
in indirect mode. The directions on the igniter say, if you do not here a
swoosh, shut down for 5 minutes and then light with match.
It has some issues with the indirect plate and burner, they do not seal totally tight.
It is operational, but I think it is going to be a conversation
piece. I will fire it up for show, but probably not cook, as the
parts in the bowl are not replaceable.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:02:36 PM by glrasmussen »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »
It was 75 at the beach today and 75 when I got home. The ocean was glass calm. 8)

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/iphonebackup82712295.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/iphonebackup82712296.jpg/

These are some pics of a grill that got away.  Weber never acknowledged this one either. 

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »
That is an interesting gasser.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/iphonebackup82712295.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/iphonebackup82712296.jpg/

These are some pics of a grill that got away.  Weber never acknowledged this one either.

Is that yours? I just saw that on a blog, trying to figure out mine.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
No unfortunately it is not mine. 

I saw it on line, but forgot the site.  It was a type of food blog.  I emailed the author and asked about it.  He said it was his uncle's grill.  Sadly the uncle had gotten rid of it. 

If only I had contacted him earlier....

I think he said his uncle got it at Sears.  But researching Sears catalogs (1967-1973) has found nothing.  Weber  make a gas kettle with a longer post,  the wheels were directly under the  bowl.  This one has a short post under the bowl, very similar to yours. 

Keep us updated on your research/findings.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
***Update ***Not what I expected...Updated Pictures
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »
Update. Well I put in a call a few weeks ago on this to have the local Weber Rep. contact me. He contacted me today.
He will do an even exchange for a 'New" Performer 2012/2013. He said it was a proto-type and very few were made.
He said there is a Hardware store in Fargo North Dakota that has a Weber museum that it would be placed in.

What are your thoughts? I just know I will never use it, and only us here can appreciate it.

Greg

Duke

• The Duke
Re: ***Update ***Not what I expected...Updated Pictures
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:45 AM »
Update. Well I put in a call a few weeks ago on this to have the local Weber Rep. contact me. He contacted me today.
He will do an even exchange for a 'New" Performer 2012/2013. He said it was a proto-type and very few were made.
He said there is a Hardware store in Fargo North Dakota that has a Weber museum that it would be placed in.

What are your thoughts? I just know I will never use it, and only us here can appreciate it.

Greg
I think Jeff has dealt with them before and might have some advice. Where exactly is this weber museum? Is there a website to it?

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: ***Update ***Not what I expected...Updated Pictures
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

Greg
I think Jeff has dealt with them before and might have some advice. Where exactly is this weber museum? Is there a website to it?

He said it is a hardware store in Fargo. I can't find it listed either. He Rep. Lives in Roseville, could be Chad undercover? LOL!
Found it, Scheels Ace Hardware.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:18:15 AM by glrasmussen »