Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Fish taco sauce help  (Read 2884 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Fish taco sauce help
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »
So what do ya'll like on your fish tacos, looking for ideas?

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Fish taco sauce help
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »
Sarayo 8)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
Fish Tacos are my specialty. What do you have in mind? Did you mean the ingredients, deep fried or grilled? A sauce you could make yourself maybe? Cabbage vs. lettuce? Leme know. :)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 06:11:23 AM »
I believe this is what Shuan is referring to.. I have not yet personally tried it... But he SWEARS by it.

http://www.sarayosauce.com/
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
I'm thinking a sour cream/hot sauce mix. Then the other stuff, lettuce, maybe some pico. I've got some extra fish and am thinking about doing a indirect almost smoking technique on them. I've always just grilled fish direct but we had some smoked mullet dip in Florida last Summer that was pretty good. (Don't hate on it, it really was pretty good, I saw it on the menu and thought when am I ever going to see this again). Anyway, I'm thinking a hot smoke with some pecan might give the tacos some different flavor.

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »
Use cabbage, not lettuce and a squeeze of lime. For a sauce get a can of chopotle in adobo sauce. Use one chile and a little of the sauce to about a half cup of sour cream or mayo and a splash of lime. Put the rest of the peppers and sauce in a sandwich sized  ziplock bag and roll the pepper to make  log and put in the freezer. Next time you want some just shave the amount you need. It freezes well and thaws out real fast when you shave it.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
Eastex if you have the Weber Smoke cookbook there is a sauce for shrimp tacos that's pretty good and would work with the fish tacos. I'm not at home now but can look it up for you later. Has lime and chipotle and adobo sauce.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.