Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Different use for a Ranch  (Read 300 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Different use for a Ranch
« on: June 19, 2022, 03:27:29 PM »
A hook to hang something on is a hook to hang something on.  My football gear was truly soaked after yesterday’s game so I hung everything up to dry out and air off on the chairs in the back yard but I couldn’t think of anything to hang my helmet on until I glanced at the accessory hooks on the Ranch. 

It worked!

Holy crow I’m at the upper end of the age range for this but I enjoyed it.  I know, I know, I really should be using a newer helmet than that…

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
Re: Different use for a Ranch
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 03:36:14 PM »
Buddy that Schutt Air XP has seen better days!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 04:40:12 PM »
Buddy that Schutt Air XP has seen better days!

That’s actually an Air Advantage so a little bit older.  You can tell from the round ear holes.  The ear holes on the XP and all the other newer helmets are not circular.  I have a newer Riddell Revolution Speed that I should change over to but this one’s the most comfortable helmet I’ve ever worn so it’s been my go-to.  I had an Advantage and an XP on my previous team and the XP just never felt right.

I got most of my stuff packed up to put away when the charcoal was lighting up in that smoke grey Master Touch to cook dinner.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 07:33:49 PM »
I’ll bite: what kind of league is this?

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 01:20:36 PM »
Ah I see that now.. I knew it was their Air series but I’ve only worked with the XP. Most of our athletes prefer the Speed Flex from Riddell, which are pretty expensive.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 01:48:30 PM »
I’ll bite: what kind of league is this?

It’s the Ontario semipro league.  Keep in mind by Canadian and Ontario standards with lack of interest and support for football here compared to hockey, “semipro” doesn’t mean much but it is the only tackle football available if you’re not in university and over 23 years old.

Ah I see that now.. I knew it was their Air series but I’ve only worked with the XP. Most of our athletes prefer the Speed Flex from Riddell, which are pretty expensive.

Is it just me or have helmets gotten absolutely eye poppingly expensive over the last 8-10 years?  All the affordable models have been discontinued from what I’ve seen and I think one or two manufactures exited the business.  Rawlings comes to mind there.

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 03:23:20 PM »
Helmets are out of control now. Schutt only makes the F Series helmet (at least for public consumption- I’m not the equipment guy so I don’t know if they still sell other models to football programs) and the base model is 549 USD. Riddell is a little better with their Classic Speed being 329 USD.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 09:38:04 AM »
It's insane.  Players have to provide their own equipment with the team I'm on now and a lot of them had massive cases of sticker shock when they saw what new helmets cost.  A lot of them bought whatever they could afford that fit that was in decent shape and spray painted them silver.  I found the helmet I'm using now when I changed teams and found a silver Riddell Revolution Speed that's standing by in case someone tells me I can't wear that Air Advantage anymore.

I forgot what I paid for the Air Advantage, probably about $300 or so by the time a mask and decent chin strap were added.  I bought three of them due to different team colours over the years but they were all reasonably priced compared to what's available now.  It was your choice on the previous team whether you used their equipment or your own and I already had my own so I stuck with it, plus the decalled helmet's a nice souvenir from when I started playing football.