Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Crate & Barrell Blue Performer Platinum  (Read 18554 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Crate & Barrell Blue Performer Platinum
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2014, 07:43:53 AM »

BatMobile!!!

YES!!!

Dude, relax your chicken.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
We need to see some pics of this color...

First allow me to confess that I am a purple person.  I drive a Purple Haze JCW MINI Cooper S.  Purple is my favorite color.

I have been reading this thread and have also been curious about this new CnB color.  Yesterday I was out so I headed over to the big showroom CnB in Uptown.  They had a new blue/purple performer set up in the front of the store and at first glance it is blue.  The lighting in that section of the store was blocked a bit by a awning display so I had to remove the lid and bring it to another part of the store for a better look.  It is indeed purple.  It was overcast yesterday so i didnt get it out into the sunlight but i did what I could to get some pics.  I started looking around that area and pulled a bunch of colored items to get a color comparison and the floor girl came over and asked if I needed some help.  I told her I was checking out the new special color and trying to get some good color pics and the lighting in the store and my iPhone camera wasnt getting a good color shot.  I had an idea and went to a paint store around the corner and grabbed some color chips for a color comparison to give you guys. 

these next 2 shots are showing a bit of shading difference when playing with the HDR function on my phone.

I hope this gives everyone a better idea whats up.  This kettle is an interesting color.  Its blue in the shade but has a metallic metal flake in it that gives off a hint of fuchsia and when layered on top of the blue brings enough red for a sense of purple.  Its difficult to describe but I cant place my finger on whether I like it or not.  Its not a shade of purple that I gravitate towards.  This is more blue than purple, but purple is a color you either love or hate.  Im on the fence on this one.  Ill have to go back when its sunny and see it in the sunlight.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2014, 10:48:10 AM »
Awesome write up, this is exactly what I experienced!! The crazy thing is they are selling these as a Blue and the box says Dark Blue. Mine is going back on Monday. After all the years I cannot believe they quit doing blue the year I get my performer. I wanted Red but the Crimson is dull and I'm not a fan of the Copper. I thought about Green but I need to see one in person. At this point I may go back to Black.
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
The c&b blue is the same color as the past few years of the OTG. They are blue but have a purplish hue to them. This color is no different than the past few years of weber blue.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »

Awesome write up, this is exactly what I experienced!! The crazy thing is they are selling these as a Blue and the box says Dark Blue. Mine is going back on Monday. After all the years I cannot believe they quit doing blue the year I get my performer. I wanted Red but the Crimson is dull and I'm not a fan of the Copper. I thought about Green but I need to see one in person. At this point I may go back to Black.

That is indeed very much purple. Depending on how the light hits it, it can look blue or purple, but definitely purple from those pictures. Have you thought about brick red? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
landgraft,

From my experience this thing looks all purple all the time. The only time it appears blue is if your 20 yards away
from it, or if the lighting is real low. I would think that I would have heard about this by now if others had experienced
what I was seeing. Of course I could be wrong just my two cents.

So based on what your saying, is your the Blue OTG only looked Blue sometimes and Purple 90 percent of the time? Because
that is what I am experiencing. My wife got home and the first thing she said to me is "Why did you get a Purple Grill?"
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »
crumbsnatcher,

I really like the old school Red. As a matter of fact I would love a Red SS or Black SS Performer. I am currently trying to
secure a 2005 Performer as I like that much better aesthetically than the newer ones. If all else fails I will fall back to a
Black 2014 Performer Platinum.

That is indeed very much purple. Depending on how the light hits it, it can look blue or purple, but definitely purple from those pictures. Have you thought about brick red? 

2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »

crumbsnatcher,

I really like the old school Red. As a matter of fact I would love a Red SS or Black SS Performer. I am currently trying to
secure a 2005 Performer as I like that much better aesthetically than the newer ones. If all else fails I will fall back to a
Black 2014 Performer Platinum.

There is a red MT on the Chicago CL for $100. Perhaps one of the Chicago guys can agent for you? 

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/for/4387463192.html

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
There's so a blue MT in Chicago too

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/hsh/4380092564.html

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
My blue OTG looks blue or purplish depending on the light. I think it's a 2012 or 2013. Still in the box.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »

Somebody needs to set this color lid in between a  80' or 90's Blue & a Maroon..........

I can't, I'm incapable of doing that....Maroonless.........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
My 2011 "AA" code looks purple at times. Mostly blue, though. I like it!  :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

My blue OTG looks blue or purplish depending on the light. I think it's a 2012 or 2013. Still in the box.

I agree with both of these fellas. My NIB 2013 is the same. May I be so bold as to suggest that this color should be referred to as Periwinkle? That is the closest recognized color that comes to mind. It definitely isn't Purple, but it isn't anywhere close to Dark Blue, either. I say Periwinkle.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2014, 01:36:29 PM »
There's so a blue MT in Chicago too

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/hsh/4380092564.html

Blue MT is gone.  :-\

A purple kettle would be cool!  8) I hope they choose to bring coloured kettles out in Aus agaun.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »

I agree with both of these fellas. My NIB 2013 is the same. May I be so bold as to suggest that this color should be referred to as Periwinkle? That is the closest recognized color that comes to mind. It definitely isn't Purple, but it isn't anywhere close to Dark Blue, either. I say Periwinkle.

you could say periwinkle but not really.  more like periwinkle on blue...layered on top of one another
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.