Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wood Dale Ill. Cookbook  (Read 1877 times)

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
Wood Dale Ill. Cookbook
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »
Here is a cookbook that came with my Grandparents MTH Wood Dale kettle grill. I can't find a year on it but they believe it is from 1962.

Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Re: Wood Dale Ill. Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
Dan,

Very cool.  When you get a chance, post some more pics of the articles inside (especially those with kettles in the pictures!).

Thanks for sharing,

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »
Unfortunately there are no actual photos in it.  :(
The cartoon characters at the bottom of each page are pretty funny though and I will post shots of them.   :)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:17:59 PM »
So does this mean that I can paint my wheels red on my Wood Dale before I put it back together?

(Even though they were rusted white walls)

Dude, relax your chicken.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:45:52 PM »
Notice the top vent location in the cartoon picture. It is not parallel to the handle. More info for Craig for 62.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
You may need to read the fine print to find out if it is in fact a wood dale booklet. Here's the one I am sure of.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/covered-cooking-with-magic-woodale-era-kettle-brochure-with-recipes/

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 07:11:48 AM »
The third photo which shows "Weber-Steven Products Co., Wood Dale, Ill." is printed on the last page of the booklet.  This cookbook came with my Grandparents 18.5" Red MTH Wood Dale Kettle that they recieved as a gift for their first Wedding Anniversary in 1962.  That being said I suppose it is possible that the grill was actually made in 1961.  There doesnt appear to be any other fine print in the booklet that would give us any other clues.  I will go through it again after work tonight to make sure I didnt miss anything.  Duke, do you know what year that booklet is from?   

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 08:44:21 AM »
I believe it was the late fifties to early sixties. I will take a closer look at my pamphlet like yours later today. Can we have a closer look at your grill? It sounds really nice.

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/red-18-5'-wood-dale/

Here is a link to a couple photos of it.

This grill is actually the reason I became a member of this forum.  I found the old grill in a heap near our farm dump and came here to determine how old it was and to find out more about it.  I ended up trading it for a '70s red 22 which is now my most prized possesion and the start of my weber collection  ;D

It was durring my research of the grill's history that I got the cookbook that came with it.  Along with this cookbook my grandmother also sent me the cookbook that came with the grill they bought in 1989 and a product guide that they got when they bought yet another one in 2003.

We have always been a Weber Family ;)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »
I have that early 60s cookbook too! I picked it up dirt cheap a while back. There's some old school recipes and techniques I want to try for a throwback cookout. I've also got a copy of a 1958 Weber cookbook pamphlet courtesy of The Duke!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/red-18-5'-wood-dale/

Here is a link to a couple photos of it.

This grill is actually the reason I became a member of this forum.  I found the old grill in a heap near our farm dump and came here to determine how old it was and to find out more about it.  I ended up trading it for a '70s red 22 which is now my most prized possesion and the start of my weber collection  ;D

It was durring my research of the grill's history that I got the cookbook that came with it.  Along with this cookbook my grandmother also sent me the cookbook that came with the grill they bought in 1989 and a product guide that they got when they bought yet another one in 2003.

We have always been a Weber Family ;)
Thanks, that's a nice old grill.

NeoTrout

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
I have several of the same booklet. The covers on mine appear to be identical but……………..upon further review…..the last page just says Weber-Stephen Products Co.,. Wood Dale, Illinois has been chopped off and re-stripped (crooked). They forgot to remove the comma after Co. So I would guess your booklet is Wood Dale vintage. Mine are obviously post Wood Dale. Anyone else have one of these and are there more different versions?

Steve
"Le Grille? What the hell is that?"