Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blueberry Pancake FATTY on Ole Yeller  (Read 1980 times)

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Blueberry Pancake FATTY on Ole Yeller
« on: February 22, 2014, 11:36:45 AM »
So my last fatty was such a hit around my house that I decided I had to make another one.  Last time we went savory, this time we are going SWEET!

Started off by whipping up a batch of blueberry pancakes on the griddle...

While they were cooking, I worked on my bacon weaving skills...

And mixed up a rub to put on the outside of the fatty.  Brown sugar, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper.

Blueberry pancakes, rolled into maple pork sausage, wrapped in maple bacon, covered in brown sugar rub...yeah sounds pretty good to me!   ;D

Ole yeller did such a good job with the last fatty, I had to let her keep on keepin' on.  Used apple wood for smoke.

Through the magic of time...she's done!

Plated with a side of eggs makes for a mighty fine breakfast!

Thanks for looking!

salad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blueberry Pancake FATTY on Ole Yeller
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:02:10 PM »
That is an epic fatty, right there.  I bet that was a great breakfast but I'd save some for some post-bar noshing. 
WTB 18 fruit

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
Awesome fatty! It kinda of reminds me of a McGriddle. :D  I really like the old driftwood handles too. 8)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:58:27 PM by Duke »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »
That looks awesome! Love that yellow! Yellow kettles would make for a great breakfast cooker. A different color of kettle for every meal...  ;)

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »
That looks awesome! Love that yellow! Yellow kettles would make for a great breakfast cooker. A different color of kettle for every meal...  ;)

Now that is something I could get on board with...

Fattys on the Yellow...
Steaks on the Copper Mist
Pork on the Redhead...
Seafood/Fish on the Blue...
Veggies on the Greenie...
I need to get me one of those Euro lemongrass to cook chicken on! 

;D

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:19:36 AM »
Awesome.......I love breakfast fatties, but I never thought of adding pancakes, let alone blueberry pancakes. Bravo!

I usually just do hash browns/tater tots inside, along with whatever else I have sitting in the fridge that I want to get rid of.......onions, peppers, chese...etc.  I tend to cook them up in the evening after I pull dinner off, refridgerate them overnight, and then slice them in the morning.  Then I fry them up in a cast iron skillet with a little butter.  It gets a nice crispy crust on both sides.  Damn, that makes me hungry  :-\
-Keith