Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Update stainless steel accessories  (Read 3492 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Update stainless steel accessories
« on: February 18, 2014, 03:08:47 AM »
Hello friends grillers, after making various stainless steel accessories in carpentry I did also do a stacker 18.5 inch for my compact kettle to make it a smoker, a stacker for pizza again for the kettle 18.5 inch and that I was already in carpentry, I did make a maze for coal for the WGA in order to compel the combustion to follow the path and go for long L & S without problems. Here are the photos, what do you think?

Engineers : Prof. Giad
Construction Manager : Prof.
Contractor : Master Claudio
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:01:50 AM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

kaz

• WKC Brave
Re: Update stainless steel accessories
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 03:53:23 AM »
That is sweet! While your there with the materials you may want to make a smokenator type deflector. Flat Round bottom to match the curve of the kettle with one side folded up to bank your charcoal behind.

What the world really needs some to design, make, and sell is a SS bracket that would prop the WSM door open in the upside position. It would need to be a simple on peice design and be universal to 14, 18, & 22 wsm's as well as work with stock and aftermarket SS (Cajun bandit) doors. This would slide on the bottom of the door opening and allow for easy rigging free modification free High Heat cooking.

Think about it. I'll take 3!
#grubdubs

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:44 AM »
Hello, thanks for the suggestions, but we have already carried out a Smokenator but we call it Slower and the difference is that in our not using the water but a terra cotta saucer. For the bracket of the doors of the WSM will talk with the Master Locksmith and I hear what he has to offer about ... thanks!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:10:03 AM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:29:42 AM »
Engineers : Prof. Giad
Construction Manager : Prof.
Contractor : Master Claudio
Now I understand the extensive custom SS accessories. You have a team working on them!

I think you have the only WGA/smoker I have ever seen. I like the charcoal maze. I want to make something similar (but smaller) for sawdust/chips to use for cold smoking.
kettles, smokers...

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:56:43 AM »
Thank you very much my friend! Me, my engineer friend and Master Blacksmith compose a very good team and we are taking away a lot of satisfaction with these stainless steel accessories! The maze that you speak for cold smoking is like the ProQ .. you've never seen it? I have it and it works great, I recommend it
BBQ are never enough

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:04:34 AM »
I like your slowenator. But this is the style I was thinking of...

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?6239-smokin-in-your-kettle&highlight=Smoker+plate

Blocks air flow flat bottom to set foil or drip pan. Charcoal bank with open bottom.
#grubdubs

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:10:45 AM »
hello now I understand better looking at the picture .. a friend of mine has one just the same as copied from this post ... he says that it works great!
http://forum.bbq4all.it/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7091&sid=fa9f75bbcf5a072569dd347dec04f73f
BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
Now taken by the mania of accessories yesterday I wanted to try the maze on the WSA to see if it worked and what T could  keep!

BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
BBQ are never enough