Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meet ups  (Read 4329 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Meet ups
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »
Earlier today I read about the Mid-west Meet up that took place last summer. Really great thread!
Do you guys regularly schedule such 'meet-ups'? When/where is the next one scheduled?
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Meet ups
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »
That was the first full scale meetup Dale. We've had a few mini meet ups since for the Chicago folks (and that one guy from Wisconsin) :)

I know Cali and east coast have/will be having some as well.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »
I'm hosting the Mid Atlantic Meetup on Saturday May 24th. Rain or shine, it will be fun. I'll be doing periodic updates as the date approaches. If the Chicago Meetup is any indication, don't eat the day before, and you won't need to eat the day after! I'll have plenty of kettles for cooking in every size and vintage. Of course they are all black, but others will bring stuff to show off and/or trade. Bring a trailer if you want to take advantage of all the Memorial Day charcoal sales - there's a Home Depot right down the road.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/mid-atlantic-meetup-masterthread/

Can't wait!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
I have only attended one semi meet and it was lot's of fun. If you can't make Marty's hook up with GLRasmussen and set one up. He's got a sweet collection.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »
I have only attended one semi meet and it was lot's of fun. If you can't make Marty's hook up with GLRasmussen and set one up. He's got a sweet collection.

Duke, thanks for the Kudo's but I'm still green to all this. Just have been blessed and have a lucky angel.(^^^Spike^^^}

Dale, we can work something out. We have Art, Aman and GC8. There are others I believe in MN? Please chime in.
We could work it out to meet Jeff.(Chicago) He is not the fare away, when he goes to the cabin in WI. Jeff? I could host.

Greg

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 07:14:49 PM »
Its always a fun time at the lake.  I always have a trusty 18 red head there with me.  Depends how far you all are from Spooner! 
Kettle collector AND cooker!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
LOL! My Red 18 went to Chicago. My brain only has a 22 locked in for temps... :o But the flat top 26, good for Za and Lots of wings. Google says less than 2 hours. Duluth was further? I have enough cookers for all to use. Maybe I could meet you in Grantsburg someday and you share some of the honey holes.. ;)

Its always a fun time at the lake.  I always have a trusty 18 red head there with me.  Depends how far you all are from Spooner!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 03:42:28 AM »
Superior was just a tick over an hour north of where I stay. 
I'm also up to meet up with people if they have time!  At this point, I'm having my doubts is spring will ever truly get here though.  Greg, I know you're getting wacked by another big snow storms as I type this!  Ugh
Kettle collector AND cooker!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »
The wack is starting around noon, to carry over until tomorrow...
At this rate, spring will start about June 15th...Not sure you could even
get to the lake, they are to get hit with this in Spooner too...

Superior was just a tick over an hour north of where I stay. 
I'm also up to meet up with people if they have time!  At this point, I'm having my doubts is spring will ever truly get here though.  Greg, I know you're getting wacked by another big snow storms as I type this!  Ugh