Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for recommendations on a side table for my 22.5 OTG  (Read 8458 times)

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
Looking for recommendations on a side table for my 22.5 OTG
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:22:16 AM »
Hey all, I'm in the market for a table to go along side my 22.5 OTG.  I don't necessarily need it to attach to it, I just need suggestions on something that works well along side it.  Normally during the warmer months I can just use the non-Weber grill I have as a large table.  In the winter months though I'm usually having to move the Weber around the building to avoid the crazy winds.  Something the larger non-Weber grill would just be a pain in the ass to do with. 

So I'm looking for ideas on a good collapsible or easily transported table that can go with my Weber.  I'd ideally like for it to have enough room for me to foil wrap ribs or deal with a medium sized brisket on it. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
Re: Looking for recommendations on a side table for my 22.5 OTG
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:47:10 AM »
I bought one of  these. The legs snap into the bottom with a spring loaded push button. I have used it only once and was happy with it. I break it down and store it in my garage, I'll have to wait and see how long the legs stay sturdy after removing the every time.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7413-Kettle-Charcoal-Grills/dp/B000WEPHKM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390491676&sr=8-1&keywords=webber+table

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:18:46 AM »
I have heard heresay about Performers having a table that goes where ever the kettle does.

Can anyone confirm this?

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
Thanks guys, glrasmussen have you ever used that side table?  Would be interested in first hand experience.

Performers are really nice, buying another grill isn't really an option. 

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 09:40:46 AM »
Hey that bbq buddy looks nice. I think for ~40-50 dollars I would just buy a generic collapsible plastic table or hold out for a OTP/Performer
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 09:57:55 AM »
Thanks guys, glrasmussen have you ever used that side table?  Would be interested in first hand experience.

Performers are really nice, buying another grill isn't really an option.

No experience with it. Just did a google to see what is out there. You can always make one, like the old school Weber Table.
Pretty sure your investment would be less and better quality. Menards has pre-sanded in different size Aspen(?). I have looked into
it and it would be less than $40.00 to make one with all the materials needed.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:33:48 PM »
I would seriously consider making an investment in a Performer before buying or making a side table. In addition to the table the Performer provides, you get all the additional benefits and perks that come standard on a Performer.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »
Hey all, I'm in the market for a table to go along side my 22.5 OTG.  I don't necessarily need it to attach to it, I just need suggestions on something that works well along side it.  Normally during the warmer months I can just use the non-Weber grill I have as a large table.  In the winter months though I'm usually having to move the Weber around the building to avoid the crazy winds.  Something the larger non-Weber grill would just be a pain in the ass to do with. 

So I'm looking for ideas on a good collapsible or easily transported table that can go with my Weber.  I'd ideally like for it to have enough room for me to foil wrap ribs or deal with a medium sized brisket on it. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

I have one of these in the garage:

http://www.costco.com/6'-Center-fold-Multipurpose-Table.product.11488588.html

Plenty of room,and useful for other things too. If you are going to set anything hot on it just use a piece of plywood as a trivet.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 04:22:24 AM »
A 30 - 50 dollar table is a fraction of the cost of a 300 dollar Performer.   Besides the fact that I don't have the storage space to hold a Performer, I just don't think they're worth the added cost. 

I think a folding table is the way to go, it's less expensive, and more versatile.  I like the one you posted jcnaz though it's a bit big.  The GF found this one, that I think I'm going to go with.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-34-Square-Folding-Table-Black/24017035

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:26:49 AM »
Looks good!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 04:35:02 AM »
How about this one? A little shorter than a regular folding table, but it has the advantage of locking in your next grill.  ;)

Good deal here: <$50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-7445-Portable-Stainless-Outdoor-GrillingTable-/281197622505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4178af34e9
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:36:44 AM by MartyG »

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 05:14:52 AM »
Another option.

https://toolwizard.com/store/index.cfm/product/277_1/bar-b-que-buddy-table.cfm

That table is kind of cool. Has anyone used it? It looks if you set it up the way it is in the picture, than the lid hangs over the other handle or is there enough room to hang it on the opposite side?.
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 06:11:41 AM »
How bout parking a SS Performer to the left of your OTG ?
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 06:32:24 AM »
How about this one? A little shorter than a regular folding table, but it has the advantage of locking in your next grill.  ;)

Good deal here: <$50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-7445-Portable-Stainless-Outdoor-GrillingTable-/281197622505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4178af34e9
This is what I use for my Smokey Joe.  Legs store under the table in about 1 minute.
Here is a picture of mine sitting next to my Performer.  You can see the Smokey Joe sitting on top.  Its a little expensive but you will have a table and plus if you get a Smokey Joe or Jumbo Joe both are made to fit perfectly on this table and will lock into place so you can't knock them off.  Very nice setup and to me worth the little extra I paid.

Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)