Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "Grill-O-cycle"  (Read 2510 times)

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
"Grill-O-cycle"
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »
I saw this leaning against the railing at the Packers game last night with smoke coming out the vents. We were late arriving so I didn't take a picture. There was nobody around so I wasn't sure if the owner had gone in for the game or for a break in nearby porta-potty. Thought some of you would be interested and it finally got me to register for the forum after lurking for the last 9 months or so. Introduction will be coming in the next few days when I have a chance.

I hope the link works. I am using my Ipad and when I copy the shortcut it comes up with the tablet link.
My observations-
1-
Do you think the foil outside the grill is something like potatoes that he is trying to cook or just heat resistant improvised supports?
2-
definitely probably not the WKC approved method of lighting charcoal, but given the conditions I will give him a pass. It probably would have been a hassle to bring the chimney along.

http://tablet.fox11online.com/30377/180343685

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: "Grill-O-cycle"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:05:53 AM »

Nice!

Welcome by the way.

Still heart broken about the game     :'(

Dude, relax your chicken.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:02:59 AM »
Sweeeeeet!!  8)

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:52:02 AM »
Serious bike too! "The Big Dummy sells for $2400 to $2600. It’s available from Amazon." (If that's what it is.) But I guess he'd have to be a pretty serious cyclist to brave that weather to haul a Weber to the game.

Welcome to the WKC stubblebum. Cool first post. ;)
kettles, smokers...

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »
That is very very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
I think they interviewed the guy and he said that they were a group of avid bikers that always rode their bikes to the games. For avid bikers the four mile trip probably was not very long, but since the temperature was in the single digits I give them credit.
At the time I saw the bike it was leaning against the rail seen in the still photos. I thought the guy was in a nearby porta potty because smoke was coming out the vents. If the bike was that expensive, it was probably locked to the railing and I did not see the lock. Maybe it wasn't locked up and he just asked someone in the SWAT vehicle in the background to watch it for him.

Curtzo604

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
That's awesome! Not sure if I'd like to ride that around when it's that cold, but any other time is cool!

CM

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »
I think they interviewed the guy and he said that they were a group of avid bikers that always rode their bikes to the games. For avid bikers the four mile trip probably was not very long, but since the temperature was in the single digits I give them credit.
At the time I saw the bike it was leaning against the rail seen in the still photos. I thought the guy was in a nearby porta potty because smoke was coming out the vents. If the bike was that expensive, it was probably locked to the railing and I did not see the lock. Maybe it wasn't locked up and he just asked someone in the SWAT vehicle in the background to watch it for him.

its Green Bay!! Where are you going to go with a bicycle you just stole from your neighbor?! Its not like it'd be a hard bike to find.. ;D
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)