Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello UPS!  (Read 940 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Hello UPS!
« on: December 30, 2013, 06:25:56 PM »

I got tired of trying to fabricate homemade versions of this, so bit the bullet and found a good deal over the holidays.  Love cooking pizzas in the weber.

I treated myself to a Thermoworks TW8060 with the high temp probes as well.  The plan is to mount the ceramic probe in my SS performer.  This will allow a reliable reading on kettle temp.  The second probe will be plugged into some pork shoulders, whole chickens, turkeys, etc where long cooking times are needed.

Setting up a charcoal "fuse" early tomorrow morning to cook a couple of pork shoulders for BBQ pork sliders at the new years party.  I figure it is appropriate to use the weber on the last day of 2013.

Happy new years to all!
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hello UPS!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
I really want one of these but don't have the funds right now for this or any of the other Weber/Weber-related stuff I want.  One day...!  But enough of my pity party!  Can't wait to see the pies that come out of this!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
Congrats! I can't wait to perve the pies either. What kind of deal did you get?

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
Lovely. That's on my list of CL must haves. Please fire up some pies and give a review. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:28:02 AM »
Nice! I received one from Santa.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 06:51:50 AM »
Very nice! One of those are on my list as well, maybe this year I will find one.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer