Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Small world, hey?  (Read 1299 times)

Beef

• Smokey Joe
Small world, hey?
« on: December 29, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »

Funny story.

I am newer here, and have never owned a hinged grill grate.   On Saturday I spied a hinged grate, with removable searing grate, up for sale on Craig's List, and arrived at a reasonable price, and planned for a ren dez vous.

I met with the seller and made the exchange, and within minutes of weber fan comments, I commented that in addition to a few old school webers in my collection, I also had an old grill cart that I was restoring.  At that point he smiled and said, Yep, I think I have seen your cart on WKC. 

What a small world!  Big shout out to forum member Stu aka   G  .

BTW, can I remove the insert, and use a wok in this grate?

Numerous pre 79 kettles
Weber Seville Cart
One rare 1960's hooded rotissery grill, Like your dad had

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Small world, hey?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »
that's awesome!

a few days ago someone commented about my WKC shirt. They're not a member, but they read the site often.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:06:15 PM »
That's awesome! Wok fits right in there. Use long tools. Gets hot when working with it.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »

Big shout out to forum member Stu aka   G  .

I've said it before and i'll say it again..Stu is good people.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:31 AM »
Thanks Beef....it was nice meeting you.

Its a pretty small world sometimes.  Of course when I meet someone for the first time and they say they have a bunch of old weber kettles, I have to ask "how many old weber kettles" and "how old are they".  When he began to describe a grill cart that he recently had powder coated, I knew who I was talking to.

By the way, you can use a wok in the grate as well.  Weber sells a cast iron wok (available at most Ace's) that is designed for the grate system.   

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 04:11:32 AM »
Cool…it was a mini-meet.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 07:01:34 AM »
Very cool! I met a guy this fall who was selling a red '99 OTS on Craigslist and turned out he was a TVWB'er. He had a blue MT I tried to talk him into selling but he wasn't letting it go. This was the same guy I missed out on the dirt cheap 2009 26"er that he had a few days earlier... So that's as close as I have come to meeting a fellow webernut.