Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: chuck roast pork  (Read 1718 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
chuck roast pork
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
Yesterday for lunch I had guests like my mom, my niece and my in-laws so I decided to prepare a roast for convenience!
ingredients:
2kg pork chuck
four-four rub
Glaze:
maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest
Smoking: pecan
I left the roast with the rub a couple of hours out of the fridge then I baked at 248/266F for about three hours and the last hour I brushed with the glaze. Reached 149F I pulled it out of the kettle and left to rest for 35 minutes until all the guests arrived!
The roast came really juicy and flavorful that even I believed, my relatives were amazed by the texture and smoky taste that you rarely have tried .. I was in seventh heaven for that! Definitely do the same again because really to simple and tasty ..

BBQ are never enough

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: chuck roast pork
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »
That looks delicious! I like the way that worked out timewise. I don't always have 6-7+ hours to make a family dinner. I need to try a sliced roast instead of pull-apart pork every time!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »
Where's the beef pork? Or is that a spelling correction for pr0n?  ;D

That looks great and it must be wonderful to wow the family. In fact I have a chuck in the Dutch oven right now that is well on its way to becoming Pepper Stout Beef - an entirely different recipe and also very good.
kettles, smokers...

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
chuck roast pork
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 11:11:31 PM »
Thank HankB! I know the pepper beef stout and I'd like to prepare it .. very simple and very tasty, I wait for the right opportunity to cook and to try with friends!
BBQ are never enough

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:35:33 AM »

This looks really, really good........over here, everyone is excited about pulled pork right now........most likely because of the TV showsn that feature that........but this is a great way also & does not take so long !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"