Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "The Duke" One Touch Premium Weber Project  (Read 8574 times)

Duke

• The Duke
"The Duke" One Touch Premium Weber Project
« on: June 22, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
I am going to turn a regular 22.5 OTs into an OTP european model. I might not make it exact, but I thought I would share the project with you guys as it goes. One thing it will have is a lid bale that only the dreaded "Yohan Liefer" model has. I like the lid bales. My reason for doing this is I wanted some extras and I also want it to be a little higher. We'll just call it "The Duke"

Here's what one looks like.

Here's mine. I have already done a few mods to it and will gradually transform it. I am going to need a set of longer legs from a new 26'r. I'm just not sure how they are going to fit on there. It seems like it wouldn't fit the triangle after they are mounted. I did make a new front raised leg for it, because the larger wheels left it raked.

Please share your suggestions and if any of you have spare parts I might need like an ash catcher or thermometer please let me know. :)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:38:37 PM by Duke »

Troy

• Statesman
Re: "The Duke" One Touch Premium Weber Project
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »
I love the blue wheels with white caps!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
I have the therm you need.  I think Hey Jude likes this because it is a "little higher" if you know what I mean   ;) .  Speaking of, how much higher is the European grill?  I have a project of my own cooking (no pun intended) gonna be a few weeks before I can start,

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
Sounds good, can't wait to see the new project. Ineed the bezel, do you have an extra?

BTW, cool you got your logo up.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 03:13:08 AM »
should be a fun project.  I like how you can customize those types of Performer wheels with different colors.  Its too bad you don't have that Wave Blue grill you desire so much, those wheels would be perfect.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:10:12 AM »
should be a fun project.  I like how you can customize those types of Performer wheels with different colors.  Its too bad you don't have that Wave Blue grill you desire so much, those wheels would be perfect.
Yeah, that wave look was what I had in mind. Black isn't nearly as nice as a colored to work with. I think it will look nice when it's done though. I need to find a donor OTG for an ash catcher and stainless one touch sweepers.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
Hey Duke, not only do I have the bezel , I actually have a set of the inserts for those wheels.  I know you have your colored ones, but I have the parts to make your wheels look like the one in your picture.  Can't you get the handle from a 26 to mod your lid?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:10:03 PM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:04 AM »
Hey Duke, not only do I have the bezel , I actually have a set of the inserts for those wheels.  I know you have your colored ones, but I have the parts to make your wheels look like the one in your picture.  Can't you get the handle from a 26 to mod your lid?
Yes Zav, I will need the bezel. I have a set of the insterts from my 26'r, but I like the colored ones a lot better. Please email me on the bezel. :)

Oh, and I will probably just order the handle for it.

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »
I like the blue tires too!  Cool.  I've been wanting to do a lid bale on my OTG, now you've inspired me!
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »
Go for it Larry,

I think the kit is around $15 at Weber. It will solve the problem of removing the slide aside before shut down if you use one.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
Go for it Larry,

I think the kit is around $15 at Weber. It will solve the problem of removing the slide aside before shut down if you use one.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Okay, I think I'm confused.  I'm referring to the 'lid holder', like on my Performer.  The piece of wire that holds the lid vs. the hook on the inside of the lid.  What are you referring to Duke?  I've only had 2 beers today, but I'm lost!! :o
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
Hi Larry,

The lid holder is sold as a kit like the one on a Performer. I think they call it a "Bale Kit". I know the parts number is in the performer schematics.

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »
Hi Larry,

The lid holder is sold as a kit like the one on a Performer. I think they call it a "Bale Kit". I know the parts number is in the performer schematics.

Yeah, just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing. 
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »
Here's what the lid holder looks like Larry.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »
I like it! Does Weber sell the replacement handles in the new style yet? I'd love to retrofit a lid bale on my redhead.

Craig