Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come  (Read 1718 times)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »
Well here is my Thanksgiving Turkey.  This time is was for the family so I was feeling the pressure but in the end it came out perfect.  Next up will be some duck and pheasant on the kettle next.  It was a little windy and it was only about 25 degrees when I started cooking.  Everything went as planned.  I had big blue and little lime working hard.   ;D  Smoking was flying and the aroma was outstanding.  Love that smell.

Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Re: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »
Great looking cook! 

I spy some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I love that charcoal!  I had a bunch of it, but I'm on my last bag and can't buy it locally anymore.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:07:14 AM »
Great looking cook! 

I spy some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I love that charcoal!  I had a bunch of it, but I'm on my last bag and can't buy it locally anymore.

You can order it on their website.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »
Bird looks pretty tasty to me! Nice job!

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 05:23:28 AM »
Great looking cook! 

I'm actually coming to Virginia Beach the 3rd and 4th of Jan but since I have 4 others traveling with us in truck and all of our stuff for our hobby (Race Remote Control Cars at Debbies R/C) I can't any bags of the Wicked Good Charcoal or I would hook you up with my dealer and then deliver it for you as we could meet up.  Damn I wish we had more room but R/C stuff when traveling takes up a ton of space. :(
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:26 AM »
Great looking cook! 

I'm actually coming to Virginia Beach the 3rd and 4th of Jan but since I have 4 others traveling with us in truck and all of our stuff for our hobby (Race Remote Control Cars at Debbies R/C) I can't any bags of the Wicked Good Charcoal or I would hook you up with my dealer and then deliver it for you as we could meet up.  Damn I wish we had more room but R/C stuff when traveling takes up a ton of space. :(

It is all good.  Thanks for thinking about doing it.  I have heard that the Kamado Joe brand Lump is on par with Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I am going to buy a bag of it soon and give it a try.  I am also going up to Northern VA for several days and pass several dealers.  I'll probably pick up 4-5 bags then.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *