Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled Pork Less Is More (USM47)  (Read 3028 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Pulled Pork Less Is More (USM47)
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:42:33 AM »
How to post brother Ribs Less Is More by the amazing result and I could not do the Pulled Pork with this new technique because apart from the fact that the course I never did . I get the PP .. we prefer to do it with the neck .. but the butcher had two pieces .. one from 3.4 kg and 1.7 kg .. I said " I'll take them both so I can see the differences between a large and a small piece and the differences in timing in cooking.

ingredients:
2 pieces capocollo 3.4 kg and 1.7 kg
mustard
four four rub

Wp : No but terracotta saucer
Foil : No
Mopping : No
Spruzzing : No

Early yesterday morning trimmo some pieces , sprinkle with mustard and sprinkle generously then rub the four four lego everything to keep it compact . Prepare the smoker with the MM with Weber briquettes .. sooner or later I'll do it with coal but I want to take one step at a time .. with chunks of hickory and wine barrel and do start the briquette coconut for a unobtrusively in condo! As soon as the T stabilizes at around 115 I decide to put the pieces in laccarde to catch the juices and put under the big and the small .. I predict that over the small close everything is ready before the other and control the T through the maverick stuck in the big and the Weber thermometer inserted through the small one so i'll keep monitored both PP . Having started in time I intend to deal with the deadlock by doing nothing if you do not lift a little T and during all hours of cooking I never opened the lid but checked every time the cooking chamber to see how the MM proceeded , move the chunks to ' just in case and add a few briquettes to the tail of MM because I was afraid might not be enough.
This is the card you T cooking chamber and pieces recorded every hour :

3,4 Kg T * T * T * 1,7 kg Smoker

After 0 hours 14 13 101
After 1 hour 23 28 114
After 2 hours 39 48 118
After 3 hours 53 63 119
After 4 hours 66 74 121
After 5 hours 74 79 112
After 6 hours 78 82 129
After a 7 hour 84 87 135
After another 20 minutes - 89 135 Piece Probe is tender
After 8 hours 88-128
After another 7 minutes 89 - The piece is tender Probe

When I reached the T targer of 89 * C of the first piece check the consistency by inserting the thermometer and to my great satisfaction goes smooth like butter, packed up in triple foil and put it in a preheated oven at 100 * C then rest it off for at least hour and a half and while I wait for the other arrivals to 89 * C to test if it is tender probe and insert the thermometer I leave to my friend and her look and expression I understand that butter is so power back up a little bit in the oven and insert also this rest inside .
After the rest we pull out the cooked before .. the little that has come to discard T 50 min before .. and the show begins a heady scent assailed us and others could not believe their eyes and their nose so beautiful is good it appeared . Retrieving the juices , I transfer the piece in the pan , I wear the bear paws and my heart stops .. will it pull ! ? Will not pull ? ! ? ! With the right claw keep it stationary and the left start to pull .. the piece loses some of the narrow side came away easily and a cloud of scent envelops us again and the show begins . Pull all the little spray only with the cooking juices and the dance of the rolls starts .. we made them with coleslaw , mustard , bbq sauce with gherkins and with these .. maybe it was the more better because we do not cover the true taste of the PP but they were all rocking . After the first piece pull out of the oven the second , same procedure and same consistency and emotions ... I tell you to do? ! ? ! ? Master .. it was great .. my friend who taught me a lot .. thank you once again for sharing this fantastic post . Guys do that without too many steps the result is phenomenal .. the guests could not believe it !
BBQ are never enough

kako5256

• WKC Brave
Re: Pulled Pork Less Is More (USM47)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:02:13 AM »
Great job! Looks awesome! My best roast (pulled pork) so far was a 3.6lb bone in. I don't think I would try smaller though. Or maybe I will!!!
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:38:45 AM »
Next time i will 10 kg (20 lbs) and then pulled it'll freeze in portions for 3/4 people who will warm for 30 minutes in boiling water directly inside the envelope that contains the pulled pork! It will ne like just cooked..
BBQ are never enough

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:18 AM »
Awesome cook. Great job. What kind of smoke barrel do you have? That would be cool on my Performer.
Thank you

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 06:55:31 AM »

I use it and we like very much..
BBQ are never enough

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
Good stuff Prof.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:55:34 AM »
... with chunks of hickory and wine barrel ...

... a cloud of scent envelops us again and the show begins .

I'm a huge fan of hickory for smoking pork. And the scent of smoking pork is so so good!

I also like to keep it simple. No wrap, no mop, no muss and no fuss. Just keep the cooker closed and let it do its thing. I've gotten great results that way. Looks like you did too.
kettles, smokers...

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 07:25:50 AM »

... with chunks of hickory and wine barrel ...

... a cloud of scent envelops us again and the show begins .

I'm a huge fan of hickory for smoking pork. And the scent of smoking pork is so so good!

I also like to keep it simple. No wrap, no mop, no muss and no fuss. Just keep the cooker closed and let it do its thing. I've gotten great results that way. Looks like you did too.

We also like very much hickory for pork..sometimes we use mesquite but hickory is best! After Ribs Less is More i'm convinced that the results is the same without all those steps..I'm glad you think like me!
BBQ are never enough